Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Finally: US Blu-Ray of 1999, This Summer!

Steve Gerard

Alphans
Great! :clap: :clap: :clap: I wonder what is on the bonus disc, e.g., Return of Victor Bergman and Message From Moonbase Alpha?

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Already put in my DVD order (computer doesn't have Blu-ray capability). Certainly would like to see Message From Moonbase Alpha included - it definitely belongs! :yes:

Be interesting, to see what develops! :pray:

What I don't get is they released season 1 on bluray in North America and the UK. Season 2 got released in the UK only. We have been waiting for Season 2 to be released and instead of that we get 'the complete series' box set, so we get another copy of season 1! This has happened before with other tv shows and I hate it as it's nothing more than double dipping.

CaptainHyper

Alphans
I’m very excited! I usually stream but I’m getting BR as I really feel in 10 years it might be hard to watch this.

Ham Salad

Alphans
I dunno...I've already bought this series TWICE, do I want to buy it a third time? That blue ray would have to look really, really good.

Eaglelover

Alphans
So is there a difference in quality if watching on Blu-Ray compared to watching it streamed from some streaming service? Thanks

Ham Salad

Alphans
So is there a difference in quality if watching on Blu-Ray compared to watching it streamed from some streaming service? Thanks

Well, it should be in HD TV...don't know if streaming offers that. However to take advantage, you;d have to have a HDTV. I just wonder if they rescanned the original film, otherwise the blue ray wouldn't look much different...

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Moon Madness...!

If you get Shout! Factory TV where you are, 1999 eps can be viewed there, along with several of the Supermarionation classics!

Had not heard about Comet TV plans, though; I do remember they ran a 1999 marathon back around New Year's. If they're returning to the Moonbase fold, though, it's definitely good news...

The more viewing options for us Alphans, the better! :)

Cool. It's time for me to update!

Also on Memorial Day, Comet TV will be running a Space 1999 marathon!

Also, all episodes are currently available through the free tv app Tubi TV!