Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Fun Artwork

BrianS

Alphans
Someone drew this montage of TV sci-fi from the 70s.

It is fun to see 1999 well represented. But it is also enjoyable to look back and see how much fun sci-fi there really was 'in the day'. :)

Larger version here:

http://www.chrisroberson.net/uploaded_images/NOW_IN_COLOR_only_smaller_70s_by_dusty_abell-701198.jpg

Story here:

http://www.chrisroberson.net/2009/01/tvs-sci-fi-and-superhero-characters-now.html

What's even more fun is being able to identify them all. I got all but 1.5 of them (.5 = recognized the actor but didn't place the show).

Agreed that this is a very nice piece of work, and went up as my desktop straight away too.

There are a couple that I can't get. The guy in blue standing by Starbuck, who looks like he could be from "Voyage to the bottom of the Sea" or "Time Tunnel". The man and woman standing by the Dalek in distinctly American costumes - but then again, I never was a fan of superheroes in those years. The guy falling in the red costume with the black cloak. Oh, and the German Shepherd.

I thought the Spindrift was a darker orange than that though, and the Daleks were last seen in that colour scheme in 1967. By the time they were next seen in 1972 the drones were grey and black. The only silver Daleks seen in the 70's were those from "Death to the Daleks" in 1974 where they were silver with black balls.

Last edited:

Dave

Alphans
That is cool, cheers.

I'm stuck on who the guy is in blue (as said above) next to Starbuck?

Galactica53

Alphans
The guy falling in the red costume with the black cloak. Oh, and the German Shepherd.

The guy is from a show here in the USA called "THE Greatest American Hero' and the dog is the Bionic Dog from the "6 Million Dollar Man" :thumbup: Hope this helps

Cameron

steve36uk

Alphans
The guy is from a show here in the USA called "THE Greatest American Hero' and the dog is the Bionic Dog from the "6 Million Dollar Man" :thumbup: Hope this helps

Cameron

William Katt-appeared in the last series of Heroes-the Journalist who Tracy Strauss froze to death..-recognized him but couldn't remember the shows name.

Last edited:

cricket

Alphans
The guy is from a show here in the USA called "THE Greatest American Hero'

Ralph Hinkley. The theme song is one of my favorites.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Q3orQhEcA[/ame]

and the dog is the Bionic Dog from the "6 Million Dollar Man"

Maximillion, because he cost a million dollars to repair. :roll: He was on the Bionic Woman show mostly, IIRC.

Dr Kane

Alphans
Fantastic artwork, thanks for sharing. :thumbup: Could've sworn 'Greatest American Hero' aired in the '80s, though.

I had to check on 'Satchel Guy' as well and it is obvious in hindsight: David Banner (Bill Bixby) from 'The Incredible Hulk'.

Tim Smith

Alphans
I'm glad to see Quark represented! This guy did his homework! Am I wrong, or is Koenig about to let Mork have it? That would be worth the cost of the DVD!

Dunc1

Alphans
Who is this guy?

Does anyone know the name of this guy? Does he know about this forum and if so is he a member? Is his artwork available to buy? What other work has he done? I think we would all like to know.