Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

GA actors in 'The Saint'

Dr Kane

Alphans
I've been watching this series on DVD recently. Since it's an ITC show, it's crawling with actors who turn up in GA's programmes: Ed Bishop, Gabrielle Drake, Vladek Sheybal, Mike Pratt, Peter Bowles, Shane Rimmer and several others. In fact, 'To Kill a Saint' features Peter 'Jeff Tracy' Dyneley and Francis 'Captain Scarlet' Matthews squaring off in a shoot-out.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone wants to check the series out....

Bishop

Alphans
The funny thing about being an actor whose played a puppet is that people keep saying.... hey he sounds just like that puppet. I found myself thinking that Straker sounded like Captain Blue.... probably means I need a holiday or something, but you know what I mean.

yarvelling

Alphans
I must admit that I've always found it a bit wierd seeing the actors behind the voices! For example, when I first realised that it was Shane Rimmer cropping-up in various UFO episodes, it just seemed so wrong that there was a real person using Scott Tracy's voice, yet he looked nothing like Scott... but, but when I first saw the Bond film You Only Live twice (one of my very favourite), I can remember being very excited when I kept hearing Scott Tracy talking during the space sequences when the American and Russian capsules were being 'stolen'... ;) Well, come-on, i was only about 7yrs old!

Bishop

Alphans
Felt the same thing in Breakaway while Scott Tracy no less is taking our hero Koenig to Moonbase.