Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Glossy printed 44" cockpit wall

shrugger

Alphans
I can't draw the thing to save my life. So if anyone has a hard copy or a
file I can use to print it. Just tell me what you want for it, and its yours.
;)

w8cmp

Alphans
Could I add my request to this list too...I'm trying to complete 2 Chris Trice CMs - both a 44" and 22".

I know some people have used a printed file as a backdrop for the CM back wall, but have no idea where it originated.

Anyone have anything they're willing to sell to us ?

Cheers

Chris

w8cmp said:
Could I add my request to this list too...I'm trying to complete 2 Chris Trice CMs - both a 44" and 22".

I know some people have used a printed file as a backdrop for the CM back wall, but have no idea where it originated.

Anyone have anything they're willing to sell to us ?

Cheers

Chris

Would a photograph of the cockpit do? With a bit of cleaning the edges and cloning in photoshop...
I found it searching around one day around the web. Its in colour and shows allmost a full cockpit view. There was another, but its B/W.
If you can´t find it I´ll post it here.
Dunno who it belongs to ( think its a studio shot) so you don´t have to give me anything :D

Neal

Alphans
Here's a pretty clean cockpit shot:

You could add a door easily enough. I initially tried using this image in my cockpit, and found it generally too cluttered. I wound up going with the original studio-scale model scheme (orange with black stripes), though I did add a door with frame.

Another issue with a 'real' cockpit photo is that if you add astronauts, they need to be fairly high up on the wall to show through the front.

CR

Alphans
Just had one of those "smack my hand on my forehead and say 'D'OH!' " moments... I never thought of colorizing that old B&W studio pic. Good idea, Moontrekker, and nice work, Neal! :thumbup:

CR said:
Just had one of those "smack my hand on my forehead and say 'D'OH!' " moments... I never thought of colorizing that old B&W studio pic. Good idea, Moontrekker, and nice work, Neal! :thumbup:

My pleasure mate. :D

Great job with the colour Neal. ;) Did you use photoshop? Could never get to understand the works of it. :?

After this I wondered...maybe an episode shot might be useful.

You could also give it a 3d feeling cutting them out towards the foreground...

Or get some astronauts :D

Neal

Alphans
Moontrekker said:
Great job with the colour Neal. ;) Did you use photoshop? Could never get to understand the works of it. :?

Thanks. No Photoshop; other darker, unspeakably mysterious techniques.

shrugger

Alphans
Those are sweet! Real Nice job with the colorizing.
Just need the number 12 for the door (building Eagle 12).
And of course... a printer :?

Neal

Alphans
shrugger said:
Hmm, lets see. Looks to be about 4 1/4" X 7" (10.5cm X 45cm)

Here's about what you can fit of the set picture onto a backplate with those proportions:

Note the seats get cropped. Will you be including astronauts? To be visible through the windows, they'll need to be right up just about flush to the ceiling, way above the seats.

Last edited:

shrugger

Alphans
I've got 2 Gemini..er, I mean Eagle pilots, that just need some paint :D
You can't see all that much through the windows anyway.
You'd most likely strain something just making out the 12 on the door
but I'd know it was there ;)