Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Gray and Houseman tractor screengrabs (image heavy)

Mike Delamar

Alphans
the same mesh is used on Brain's car radio in Alias Mr hackenbacker.

could that be a clue?

it looks radio'ish, we used to have an old big radio in our house with a similar grill mesh

although Id guess its something they had in large sheets.

Mike

Dave

Alphans
Yay, got one!

Picked up one of the baby bulldozers for £3 (yes, £3!) at a toy fair at the NEC in Birmingham (it even still works). The blade was the part I needed for my Thunderbird 2 Pod!

Way back in post #1

The Fire Engine version has the parts on the outside of the front tracks the otherway up, and is missing the small triangles supporting the large plate behind the cab.
Is it possible there were 2 of the larger version?

Jim

In answer to a special request from Mike Delamar after seeing his excellent version of this vehicle at the TV21 convention - here's a very rare shot of the original being filmed. See Copter Watchdog thread for details about the source of the shot.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
heres some shots I took while I built mine, I didnt take many as I just got on with it.

captanapollo's tracks, would have been lost without these and his build and info.

Mike

Dave

Alphans
Very nice Mike. Those tracks certainly saved you a lot of time.

AT - brilliant, never seen taht one before!

uncle bill

Alphans
Note that the truck is missing the chrome detail on the cab side as it enters the larger vehicle, and has it when inside.
After being grabbed there is a significant loss of detail under the cab and the two black bars either side of the wheel (on the grill) are missing. The arms of the wing mirrors are longer, the Gray Houseman placard has different sized letters, the tracks have a different tread and the wipers have been changed. There is a wire missing from the cylinder on the grab itself, in fact the more I look the more differences there are. Was this one of the first episodes that where stretched with extra footage to make it longer? That would explain the changes in the model.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
yeah I think the one hanging from the grabs is a second model, maybe because the original had been converted to the transmitter truck/international rescue truck.

the chrome detail on the front is different too

I think thats the one that crashes and explodes down the mountian

Mike

Looking at the shot of the truck entering the Roadbuilder, I wonder if this could be a smaller version, as the Roadbuilder's tracks are from a Tiger Joe tank. Any measurements to support this idea ? Or not ?

Mike Delamar

Alphans
nope its the same size one, just those tiger joes are massive, I was comparing hiltons tank to my tractor thinking how big a roadbuilder would be :) too big for me.

the tiger joe also appears to have been split and just the sides used and also wider than a normal tiger joe so that the explosive truck can get inside.

the turntable shot is another shot, there wouldnt actually be room for the truck to turn round in the roadbuilder miniature

Mike

Are you absolutely sure the truck entering the Roadbuilder is the same size as yours Mike ? The roof only seems to come up to the top of the Tiger Joe tracks, and I was sure yours was taller. Certainly the one inside the Roadbuilder looks like the full size version.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
undoubtably, I should have got a shot of my tractor next to hiltons tiger joe, the tractor isnt that big really, smaller than I always thought it would be, and those tiger joes are really big.

the smaller tractor model is the one hung below thunderbird 2, giveaway is the tractor wheels, they used the marx babybulldozer tracks on the rear.

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
Picked up one of the baby bulldozers for £3 (yes, £3!) at a toy fair at the NEC in Birmingham (it even still works). The blade was the part I needed for my Thunderbird 2 Pod!

never noticed this before, but looks like the orange bulldozer shovel was stuck to the side as a shelf to hold 4 vollmer tanks..

Mike