Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Gray and Houseman tractor screengrabs (image heavy)

Mike Delamar

Alphans
The Crablogger looks to me as if its at least 2 foot wide, while the Tiger Joe is possible nearer 15/16 inches ? Pretty sure the studio wouldn't have bothered building a new rear half for the Crablogger when they had the roadbuilder to cannibalize - particularly as it has exactly the same base. More accurate dimensions anyone ?

ribbed wheels on red roadbuilder, may just be the front ones tho...

smooth on crablogger,

Mike

LeeXi

Alphans

Michael Scofied - you can also use the tanks from Vollmers double (#5519) and triple (#5520) storage tank sets. Or, buy a singe Vollmer tank (#5518 ) and cast some more for yourself?

Last edited:
Just been having a look at various pics of the Road Builder and Crablogger, and it looks as if the rear part of the Crablogger is nowhere near as wide as the roadbuilder, and the panels on the side are completely different as well, so it looks as if the whole of the Crablogger was an entirely new build - trust Mike to be right again ! :D

Mike Delamar

Alphans
some things I noticed when I was building mine..

in this shot can just see the baby bulldozer wheels in the top of the bogie..

and in this one can see the screw that secures the roof, in front of the gray and houseman sign..

Mike Delamar

Alphans
ive been speaking to some experts on 1/25 us car kits,

discovered that the grill behind the wheel on the front is a custom piece from an AMT 63 mercury, sadly thats a rare expensive kit, but have been offered castings of it, so put your names down if you want a cast.

no idea on price yet..

also got them looking for other pieces for other things, the same guys identified the exhausts on the front of the MSP.

Mike