Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Gray and Houseman tractor screengrabs (image heavy)

Mike Delamar

Alphans
what Ive been thinking, is that maybe they could have used the tracks from the larger bulldozer toy and so therefore the tracks are longer, on the wheels of the baby bulldozer? if the longer tracks fit on the wheels of the smaller bulldozer.

Ive also come across this Lincoln power dozer, which looks similar apart from the engine, says it is 15cm long, anyone any ideas? is this to be avoided? or is it the same apart from the engine?

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
it appears that the smaller scale model that is used in End of the road, was modified slightly to resemble the Liquid Oxygen truck in the distance shots of the Captain Scarlet episode Avalanche

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
the AMT silhouette kit arrived this morning from the good old US of A

the first thing I spotted when looking at the parts was the chrome strip from the side of the tractorcat:D, so that was a nice surprise as I had been wondering about that part, and it also helps when measuring up to have as many of the original parts as possible
I think the headlights and circular parts on the front of the cab may also be from this kit, the chrome wheels?

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
hehe, Id like my replica to be as authentic as possible right down to the materials used
luckily there is lots of good angles and when it is destroyed it gives up some of its secrets, and once you know the scale it is and know of other kit bits they used, its not that hard to spot things, thank heavens for dvd and screengrabs

there is a nasty crack, could this give away that parts construction? plywood or balsa wood maybe?

when it falls and is destroyed, it looks a basic shape floor made from wood?
and the silver part along the rear sides with the gray and houseman on it looks to me to be aluminum strip?

Mike

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Models that are blown up are not always the same as the normal SFX model which is usually built stronger and has a heavier chassis system to control all the wheels and wiring for any lights.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
true true, and youve gotta be carefull not to be caught out by that

but I really think that the one that is destroyed here, is the same one that is filmed throughout the episode

Mike

can anyone please help identify the chrome parts on the front,

Id imagine theyre from revell, monogram or AMT 1/25 car kits, the mesh also has a distinctive patern to it

the width of the tractorcat is approx 6 1/2 inches

thanks

Mike

Ive managed to source a packet of Revell custom car parts, I do think the wheel rims from there are the headlights on this.

also my baby bulldozer arrived from the states today:D

already Ive taken it apart to see whats inside,

$4.00:D with postage works out about £15, which considering it doesnt work, has no box, bits missing and a bit tatty, certainly helps with the moral bit of cutting up a 40 year old toy

I wonder if this is also the basis for the monobrake?

Mike

Dave

Alphans
And if you fancy building a studio scale model of TB2's pod, that dozer blade will be handy!

DX-SFX

Alphans
I wonder if all that moulded chrome mesh is cut from something like the radiator from a truck kit.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
I wonder if all that moulded chrome mesh is cut from something like the radiator from a truck kit.

I had a think about that, although at first I thought it was from the AMT fire truck until I found out that was a 70s kit

the best shot of the mesh is the well focused in shot, as the grabs are attaching, as its not a plain mesh, it has vertical lines to it every so often,

so yeah Ill definatley agree that the front grill mesh is from a kit, but I think the mesh on the side box thing, is maybe a mesh for car body repair?

also, if you look at the front shot that Ive added captions to, note how the headlights are not the same distance apart

Mike

made a start on the drawings

the drawing at the moment is basic, to get an idea of the size basically

the toy tractor parts need cutting in two and stretching otherwise the engine part wont fit between them

Mike

DX-SFX

Alphans
I suspect the chassis' may have been swapped around too. One of them seems to have a wheel that sticks and that appears to happen on more than one vehicle. There's no reason for it sticking as far as the Vigor toy is concerned so it does suggest it might be a quirk of one particular chassis.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
I have noticed the wheels sticking, would be good to see the inside of the toy vickers tractor

another marx tractor has joined the scrap yard :yes: as they used 2 of them on the studio model

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
yeah Im happy with how this one is going, still got to pick up the vollmer refinery rockets but theyre quite expensive for what they are:thumbdown:, Ive tried to concentrate on getting hold of rare things first, rather than parts which are still available.

and still a few front little detail bits to work out what they are but overall happy:)

cheers guys

Mike

CaptanApollo

Alphans
Hi all, Im in the process of biulding a explosive tractor, studio scale. It is coming along well, most of the main conponents are made, i thought id post some of the things i have noticed while watching the episode many times.First i thing their were 3 models made of the tractor the hero used in most shots ,blow up model used in shots hanging from large grapple. This is a much rougher model and has less detail, the give away is the lack of detail under the cab. different detail on the forward track units ,and different angle on the forward grill under the cab. The 3rd model is the small one to scale with thunderbird 2. The hero model changers from scene to scene , in its details as well. Still waiting to post some images, i thing i need to post a few more times before i can do so. Well back to rivits on tracks less than 100 to do now.