Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Greetings From 'North Cakalaky' {North Carolina, USA}

RocKiteman

Alphans
Hello, everyone. I just joined the forum yesterday.

I was in my mid-teens when SPACE: 1999 premiered in the Tampa Bay, Florida {USA} area where I grew up. I *think* it was on Channel 8, WFLA. The second season aired on Channel 44, WTOG.

I found this forum because I was following a couple of external links about making 'paper model' versions of the Eagle, and *possibly* adapting them as flying model rockets. During the 1970's I got 'into' rocketry, and I built and flew the Centuri Space: 1999 Eagle model rocket kit. The rocket itself is long gone, but I still have the instructions & info booklet that came with it.

Well, that's about it. Have a GREAT weekend....

-Allan, aka "RocKiteman" {"Rocket Man" + "Kiteman" = "RocKiteman"}

PS My {so far one-and-only} Grandson was born in 2010, on SEPTEMBER 13TH....

:clap:

joeb

Alphans
Welcome aboard. I also built and flew model rockets way back when and I have a sister who was also born on that auspicious date, but sadly that coincidence means nothing to her.

RocKiteman

Alphans
Welcome aboard. I also built and flew model rockets way back when...

Thanks. You may know this already, but there is a name for people who were into rocketry decades ago, got out of it, and have since gotten back into it: "B.A.R." That stands for "Born Again Rocketeer".

...and I have a sister who was also born on that auspicious date, but sadly that coincidence means nothing to her.

Girls....

:lol:

KSoldier

Alphans
Hello from Fort Bragg, NC.

I still have an unbuilt Centuri flying model rocket kit. I am hoping to clone it and make a fleet of them!

Best of luck!