Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Halcyon Dropship with Aoshima APC

Raytheon

Alphans
Greetings all!
Not posted here for rather a long time but back to it vis forum fiddling about so thought i'd best start contributing again.
A build from a couple of years back for someone. The horror story that is the allegedly 1/72nd scale (yeah...right) Halcyon Dropship with a rather splendid wee diecast APC.

The main gallery can be got to from this here linky thing:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/dropship.html

The horrible build story such as it is can be found here:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdropship.html

A few low res thread pics drawn from the WIP log:

Enjoy folks!
:)

Last edited:

clanger68

Alphans
Looks fantastic. :)

I haven't read the build story yet, but how on earth did you get lights in the die cast APC?

- Andy

Raytheon

Alphans
Truth is that the APC had a diecast top body shell with a plastic chassis held on by a couple of screws if memory serves. Short answer is that the lighting is three LEDs wedged in to the rather tight space, one of them subminature slide switches and a 3 volt lithium coin cell powering the lot.

Caused me more than a few headaches as the APC was supplied by the fella I was building it for and he asked if I could light it up a bit.
Even a couple of years back when I did the deed it was a rare item.

Before I took a saw to the underside to fit the battery swing out fitting, I did a quick web search to see if I could find one and how much they cost just in case I made a mess and needed to replace it.

Expensive just doesn't say it when I looked at the diecast collectables sites and the well known internet auction site. A few 'careful with this bit' moments I can tell ya!

skiffy

Alphans
I saw this evolve as it happened over on your site, and it remains a fabulous and inspiring build, Ian. If only I could get my Aoshima dropship to look that good. :clap:

Raytheon

Alphans
I thank ya kindly people!:D
I saw this evolve as it happened over on your site, and it remains a fabulous and inspiring build, Ian. If only I could get my Aoshima dropship to look that good. :clap:
Well inspiring I don't know about, i'd take it more as an lesson to teach that if you can bring a kit like this mess to the point of looking ok as I did then there isn't an injection moulded kit on the planet that you can't handle :thumbup:
There can never be enough Alien builds in the world, especially of this quality, nice work Ian. :D
The Halcyon Sulaco is currently in the hellhole being given a working over for the same fella who got this one and that's giving me a few teeth gnashing moments but as soon as done then i'll plaster the gallery link up have no fear.

Meanwhile in the Aliens build theme thing, might as well give one of my old APC builds a showing so i'll start a new thead on that.
Could be a giggle.

Go easy out there gang!