Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Halcyon Nostromo

Neo-Uk

Alphans
I've heard people say these are rare now so I was toying with the idea of selling mine.Anyone know how much one of these would be worth ?

Lee S

Alphans
These have always been rare, even when they came out they were not produced in big numbers. And it's one of the few that have never been re-issued. Ebay of course would be the best gauge, but I'd say atleast $200-$250. That said I think they cost $120+ when they were issued in the early 90's so it's not exactly an investment.

L

Bishop

Alphans
Check ebay. If you start with a reasonable price $80- 100 US say, you'll get some takers and the bidding should be nice. A lot depends on the box. They're not the best kits in the world, but there still aren't too many around so people are more than happy to snap them up

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Anything form £80 to £200 at present, depends on how many people want to bid, but changes literally daily. In my case I got £225.00 in late 2008 for mine.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Depends how started. Started will knock off about a third of the value because straight away the only people looking to buy will be builders rather than collectors. A lot of 'start' can kill the value completely if it's badly done and a lot of work to save.

TonyB

Forum Supporter
What DX said, I started my 'mint' Nostromo on eBay at £80 and it finished as mentioned in my previous reply at £225, there was a bidding war for it because the parts were still bagged/sealed and the box was in 'as new' condition.

A started kit will need a low start price to get people interested initially, the problem is how low a start price, again as DX mentioned how 'started' is your model because that is going to dictate your starting price.

The main problem with a started model like this is that you have removed half or more of the people who may have wanted to bid on it, as again DX mentioned you will now only attract builders and not collecters, and the builders will most definitely want the 'bargain' price as seems to be the case of late.

Bishop

Alphans
If the box is still ok a reasonable low start $50ish, will still attract people wanting the box. As has been said, you'll not get a huge amount, but the collector will still snap up a good box just so a complete kit can be adverstised. You can't even be sure you're getting a real "original" as people now days have access to shrink wrap. "Still factory sealed.".... at least the parts are still in their bags and the box is nice.

Neo-Uk

Alphans
Darn! I thought this thread was going to show a buildup.
Anybody got one?:D

I have ;)
I'll do a build up step by step later(if it don't sell).
Probably wont get any where near what I need so I don't think I'll sell.
Problem is that I noticed that big 2ft one on ebay and it's calling my name :lol:
If I could have sold this for a decent figure then added the required cash top-up I could have got one .

Liberator

Alphans
I bought and built one a very long time ago. Back then it was the most expensive kit I ever bought - and I got a discount - should have bought two.

Direct link to my album is here:

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p42/gunbuggy/Alien Models/

Dont know if I can link like that - let me know if it doesn't work

I still have the original box and instructions rekon I'd get anything on ebay for those?

tak5haka

Alphans
Purchased mine a year ago from a local model show for £90. Mint in box, fully bagged. Like anything it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Can't wait to start building it (it's been long enough!).

Neo-Uk

Alphans
The first thing I needed to do was the docking ring on top as it was wrong.
I had more to go on once the restoration video was up on youtube.
Here's some pictures,

this is off the actual model so I knew it would be right.Anyway here's a pic of the same area of the kit and my "plans" of needed changes.

Last edited:

Neo-Uk

Alphans
Next job to do was the landing gear.
After assembling the struts I drilled two holes in each gear well to accept the leds.
Then to stop any light leaks I lined the top and bottom of the well with aluminum tape and added two small bits of aluminum tubing.

Here is the all important "light test shot"

Neo-Uk

Alphans
I've finished the docking area off after adding all the little pain in the a$$ bits of sheet plastic.(42 of the little buggers).