Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Has anyone got good quality images of the Stingray original model profile photos?

miger1

Alphans
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but with Marc's site now down, does anyone have the Stingray model profile pics/photos from his site (or elsewhere?) to post please?

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the replies, Sorry, I've been working abroad and I've just got back.

There are some low-res shots here on Marc J Frattasio's excellent site:

http://lester.demon.nl/superm/stingray/stingray.html

I hope Marc doesn't mind me posting the link.
I also think they are from the original specification sheet.

I wanted the images to aid in maybe scratch building an accurate 'Reg Hill' version----it's the model seen exiting the pen into the ocean tunnel and has the static ratemaster. Also, i think I'm right in saying,it is the model used in the 'Infamous' Des O'Connor comedy sketch!(search Youtube!!!)

mimrie

Alphans
Marc's site is still available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine; copy in the URL select one of the black bars on the timeline (each one indicates a saved version of the site, or part of it) then select a highlighted date from the calendar to go to the saved site.

The most recent save (feb 2020) has larger images than previous saves, don't know why but I've included them all.

Hope this helps.

Mick

PS. For what it's worth I much prefer the fuller bow profile seen in Phil Rae's plans which I used for my CG model.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 14
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 7
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg