Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Hi-Hi from Moonbase Colorado

Hello Everyone, I'm Anna-Elizabeth. A wonderful friend just gave me the 1/48 scale kits of the Eagle Transporter and the Nuclear Waste Disposal Area 2 Diorama set, and I found your forum while searching for reference materials.

I was very little when Space:1999 was first shown in the USA, my older brother had an amazing toy Eagle which I was not allowed to touch. I still love the show, and I was absolutely thrilled to receive these model kits.

Other than Gerry Anderson, I love Doctor Who, Star Trek - my avatar shows my Discovery-style Captain's Delta badge on my hat, anime, Steampunk, cosplay, history, and fashion.

I've already seen some amazing model work on the forum, and I'm looking forwards to meeting you all. :)

Like I say - great taste! I may be slightly biased there, of course. I always felt that The Outer Limits and Space: 1999 had something in common, in terms of overall mood and atmosphere. Both shows have a similar sense of the vast weirdness of the cosmos - it’s unknowability. Plus of course, Martin Landau featured in a couple of episodes.

I'd have to agree that TOL and 1999 had that mood and atmosphere in common. Some of my favorite "Star Trek" segments reach that "space is dangerous" place too.

I am a great admirer of Martin Landau. He was a highlight of anything he appeared in.