Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

I have got to get me one of these!

Great news for all local LEGO aficionados (including me!):

LEGO 10213 Shuttle Adventure Set:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APydvVsM-FM[/ame]

The coolest feature for me is the spring-loaded landing gear (which make the shuttle tilt forward just like the real thing).

Jorge 8)

Last edited:

Eagle 12

Alphans
Folks,

You know, it's really interesting how Lego is now making all of these kits. I remember way back when I was a kid and I used to play with Legos, and Lego had this contest and asked that anyone with ideas for stuff built with Legos to photograph them and send them a picture.

I built all five Thunderbird machines at the time and sent the photos in. I wonder why these haven't come out yet?

Cheers.

ÁguiaLusa

Forum Supporter
Folks,

You know, it's really interesting how Lego is now making all of these kits. I remember way back when I was a kid and I used to play with Legos, and Lego had this contest and asked that anyone with ideas for stuff built with Legos to photograph them and send them a picture.

I built all five Thunderbird machines at the time and sent the photos in. I wonder why these haven't come out yet?

Cheers.

Probably (or unfortunately) the Lego designers are not fans of Gerry Anderson :-/

Eagle 12

Alphans
always wondered why Americans call Lego, legos. with an s on the end?

I was always under the impression that "Lego" was the company, and that "Legos" were a group of more than one Lego that could be used together?:think:

Or, is the word "Lego" like the word "Deer"? As in "Look, there's a Deer" and "Look at all the Deer!"?:wtf: I guess it is an American thing.

The coolest thing I've ever seen built from Lego was a highly accurate model of the Japanese Battleship Yamato built by a fellow in Japan. It was about 20ft. long and was remarkably detailed.

Cheers.

Hyphos

Alphans
In Portugal we say Lego.

I was the portuguese guy that assemble the 1st shuttle to came to Portugal, in Lourinhã 2010, a PLUG (Portuguese Lego User Group) Event for is World Launch.

forza27

Alphans
I thinks its a shame that Lego comes in pre-defined kits. Yes they look great and the engineering is wonderful, but it takes the imagination out of Lego.

If you buy a moon buggy...you make a moon buggy. THE END!

Now when I were a lad..

Howard

Forum Supporter
Absolutely!
No pre-defined shapes when I was a kid, just the basic blocks and the imagination to build a model that represented the image you had in your head.
The creativity has certainly been taken away with these 'kits.'

skiffy

Alphans
I bought my son the Megablocks Pro-Builder shuttle a few years ago - it's based a lot more on 'regular' lego pieces, apart from some bits like lab modules, bay doors and jets.

It's also bloody huge!