Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

IMAI 13" T2

Big Boris

Alphans
Has anyone built an IMAI 13" T2 ?

I have just purchased one- and judging by the photos, looks as tho it requires some heavy mod's..

-tail too high, and too thick, and wrong profile

-cockpit windows misplaced etc-

any ideas on where to get blueprints?

cheers

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Hi Boris,

I've a feeling that you have the same Imai TB2 that another forum member, Slate Mcleod had a go at a while back ... http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4842&highlight=Request+Advice+model.

He was making a good fist of it too but not sure if he ever finished it or shelved it. After seeing how much is involved I decided not even to try to fix mine ... there's only so much you could do with this kit & life's too short.

It's still a "work in progress" .....kind of !...been sat on top of my monitor for the last year ! My advice is...don't attempt to accurise it if you want to keep your sanity ! I keep meaning to pick this one up again as it only now needs the lower windows re-glazing and the forward intakes re-making from styrene. Once it's at the "paint stage" I could finish it within a week. It probably only needs about 12 hours work to get it to that point I just haven't had the time or the inclination recently. It will NEVER be 100% accurate I've realised...just too many defects.

Slate

Big Boris

Alphans
Gentlemen-

Telstar- thanks for the link-I really appreciate it- !

and Slater- what a colossal effort-!!!
Your model has developed really well- and full marks for your tenacity !!
and your reference pic's are great !!

My model is still in transit, from an e-bay purchase- so I'm doing "some homework" on this projetct during the interim..

Slater- Your've done a great job capturing the 'lines 'of T2 - really great work mate-

and thanks for posting the details up for me-
I'm halfway through a 1/32 Tiger Moth at the moment...T2 next !!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Good luck with it Boris ! I have to admit had I known how many modifications it would take to even get it to the degree of accuracy it is now I probably wouldn't have bothered (!) But I really should give myself a kick up the backside to complete it now its come this far.