Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Intercepter project

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys

finally back on line again, with the start of the moon mobile on a new thread ive just started , new photo's of the Intercepter leg struts and front leg struts soon
Best
pete

seaview

Alphans
It's been a while guys but at last the front leg for the Intercepter is all Finished .

like the side strut legs the front has a spring inside , with all the parts turned in Brass , the final assembly is just to add the spring inside and fit the legs to the main body .

Enjoy
best
Pete

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 28

tryptych

Alphans
Amazing job. It's HUGE!
I don't think the original hero models were that big, were they?

On a technical point, you refer to the feet being machined in brass and soldered.
I would have thought more likely brazed, as solder is just not strong enough.
(and almost certainly not on your scaled-up version.)

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Well Winter is back the last few days have been lovely i managed to do plenty of odd jobs that needed sorting out , one was some repair work to my work shop again .

As promised I found some time to take some photo.s of Shado's hardware all together , as it was so sunny.

The table is the same one that the Large Skydiver model ive been building was displayed on , for these photo's i didnt connect up SKY 1 to the Diver, as it still needs to be moulded and i dont have another table that long .

Here's all the Shado hardware in scale with each other , its a shame it takes so long in building them , but its worth it the end .

Cheers for all the great comments as always , the front leg is Brazed only on two points that's the connecting couplings .
enjoy
Best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 36
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 38

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys

This last week as the weather has been so bad i decided to do some more work on the Intercepter so here's some photo's of the leg struts all fitted to the main body .

The legs have working suspension and really look the part, the model looks bang on from all angles .

Next job is to finish the last connection segment to the rear side struts that link to the skids
Then some more sanding and filling before building the battery box.

The weather has changed again now back to sunny and hot so perfect so loads of model making over the wk end
more soon
Best
Pete

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 18
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 21

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Its been a while , computer was in the repair shop loads of updates for you .

Well here she is the finished Intercepter all painted , and ready for action, anyone going to Shado con , or small space will see the Intercepter in all her glory on display .

Eds car is also well on the way updates on this build going up today so be sure to check in .

hope everyone is enjoying the heat
best
Pete

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 31

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Cleaned out my work shop , so while i was dusting i took these photo's,
great seeing all these craft lined up.

Thanks for all you great comments , still need to finish Eds Car , and the Diver section is being collected this wk, so loads more to look forward to

best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 22

keef666

Alphans
Any chance i can move into yours Pete, i am house trained, i could live in the shed, i will be no bother, as i will be playing with all these get models ;)