Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Interesting Eagle Picture

shornak

Alphans
Here is an interesting picture I ran across today while surfing the Internet. Looks like the first Eagle crashed into a barn somewhere.

Senmen

Alphans
Mmh, alfalfa, you got me there... :)
Tried to think Space 1999 but you can see how deep that UFO virus is within me..... :)
Oliver

VTracy

Alphans
Wow, what a fun site!!

Love the pic too. Great attention to detail. Love the shattered glass!

Thanks for sharing.

Could also be used in a Chick-fil-A ad......(cow holds up sign) "Eat more Eagle!"

alfalfa

Alphans
Wow, what a fun site!!

Love the pic too. Great attention to detail. Love the shattered glass!

Thanks for sharing.

Could also be used in a Chick-fil-A ad......(cow holds up sign) "Eat more Eagle!"

Hi, but you have totally lost me there. What is a "Chick-fil-A ad" :?

BTW have set this as my wallpaper :D

The Sci-Fi Airshow website is totally cool is it not? :thumbup:

shornak

Alphans
Hi, but you have totally lost me there. What is a "Chick-fil-A ad" :?

BTW have set this as my wallpaper :D

The Sci-Fi Airshow website is totally cool is it not? :thumbup:

Not sure where you are from but here in the US particularly on the west coast there is a fast food chain call Chick-Fil-A (chicken filet). They only serve chicken obviously and use a cow in their ads that holds up a sign saying "Eat more Chicken". Hmm, haven't had one of there sandwiches in a while now that I think of it. Guess I will get one this weekend. :D

alfalfa

Alphans
Ahhhh. Now I get it. We don't have Chick-Fil-A in the UK. Certainly not in the rugged North where we drink beer :beer: and eat lard :hungry:.

CR

Alphans
In answer to your query "is there more like this?" here's a quote from post #3 of this very thread:
This is from Bill George's amazing Sci-Fi Airshow site.

Bill is a long-time ILM modelmaker, and the images on his site are done 'old-school' with miniatures. His Eagle looks to be 1/12th scale, an 88"er!

There's a thread on it here, someplace. Bernie invited Bill to join the forum, and he did post once or twice. It don't get better than that! :thumbup:
Just follow the link and enjoy!

alfalfa

Alphans
DARKVIEW's myspace page is defo worth a visit, some 'inspiring' images.8):thumbup:

Wish I looked like a member of Pendulum instead of a fat Top Gear presenter as well. :lol:

Last edited:

Transporter

Alphans
I dont want to spoil anything, but the model (which really is a model, not CGI) would be bigger than 88". This is a good example of somebody (Bill George) using his skills. :thumbup: