Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

jet air transporter scratchbuild

barrie

Alphans
Hello everyone,
here is one of my models from a little while ago I thought you guys might like to have a look and let me know what you think as you guys do which is great as this helps me to improve on future builds.

fully scratchbuilt about 12 inches long nine inches high and saves grannies

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF8697.jpg
    DSCF8697.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF8941.jpg
    DSCF8941.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF8948.jpg
    DSCF8948.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF8963.jpg
    DSCF8963.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF8913.jpg
    DSCF8913.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF8715.jpg
    DSCF8715.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF8677.jpg
    DSCF8677.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11

wappynutter

Alphans
I've said it before.... and i'll say it again.
Barrie you are a superscale scratchbuild god!! :thumbup: :notworthy:

Take care old guy..:lol: and happy modelling.

Regards Andy

barrie

Alphans
Thanks very much Andy,
as I have said before I love to build, and build, there are a couple more in the pipe line as we post, all I can say is watch this space or post or website which ever,

barrie

Alphans
jet air transpoter scratchbuild

Hello Mr Mark42,
nit pick as much as you want that is the only way things improve if people keep wanting better, I have also been building for a long while, and keep trying to improve I guess I could by now be using modern materails like glass fibre resin ect and mould loads of bits but I just take a sheet of plastic a pencil and model knife and get going I suppose if I spent loads of money and took two or three years to build a model it would be hard to tell it from the real thing but I like to keep it simple.

have you built anything that is "off the wall as they say " an odd model which none else has had a go at ? if you have stick on a post with a few images please.

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Barrie

I did sometimes build guest star vehicles that appeared in one or two episodes but I now tend to stick with just the main star vehicles, the plan being to have every hero craft from XL5 to date. Maybe after that I'll tackle some of the other stuff - like buildings for instance. There are some classic buildings in the old shows that would make great models, I remember a really nice Marineville model that was at an early 1980s Fanderson convention.
As for materials, I do prefer fibreglass myself but often its only really required if you intend to build duplicates or need it to be strong, otherwise you can use just about anything decent - two of my current builds are Balsawood and MDF board that are coated in a layer of epoxy resin to give them a decent surface, much quicker to do.

cheers

barrie

Alphans
hello Mark 42,
one thing is for sure they had some great ideas and designs in the Anderson shows, so good that they have lasted for so many years and people like you and me are still building them. On the model front I have used epoxy once but the smell is awful and there always seems to be so much snding then filling then sanding and so on though a good hard solid model is the result you must be very dedicated to model model making,

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) take a peek at the couple of images any idea what it is ? or is going to be.

Attachments

• DSCF1699.jpg
    DSCF1699.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF1629.jpg
    DSCF1629.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 20

Fun Pod

Alphans
Hi Barrie, I'm usually the last person to criticise anyone's creative endeavours, especially your excellent effort... BUT, you may wish to revisit the spelling of your decal...;)

barrie

Alphans
Hello Mr Funpod,
now you know why I sign off the old guy, thats what happens when you model late into the night get old loose your glasses and work by candle light, thats my escuse and I am sticking to it, spell check would have been very handy as they say the devil is in the detail or should I say speeellling, I will use spell check next time or at least put on my glasses the right way round, thanks

regards Barrie ( the old guy who can not spell )

wappynutter

Alphans
Hmmmmm...... I'm more interested in this "new" build you have given a sneak peek of ??????:think:
Any clues as to its programme/show or builder/maker??
Or is it so obvious that there's only me thats not getting it? :lol:
Come on Barrie show us more or give us some clues..... :brows:

Regards Andy

barrie

Alphans
air transporter

OK MR Wappynutter,
one image maybe two should give it away

Attachments

• DSCF1668.jpg
    DSCF1668.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1704.jpg
    DSCF1704.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 29

barrie

Alphans
jet air transporter

WELL DONE Mr funpod,
you did not get it in one but three YES its on its way from space as we speak watch the space if you see what I mean,

regards Barrie the old guy who can not speelll )