Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Joeb's 44" scratch-built Eagle

joeb

Alphans
I posted an intro up in the Commander's Office. Here are some shots of my 44” Eagle. I finished it a couple of years ago after starting it back in 02. It's entirely scratch built except for the nose cone (Chris Trice) and all of the engine bells ( Jim Small). Thanks to both of them. The details are a mixture of Eagles 1 and 2 plus a lot of my own designs inside the cages. My goal was to make the Eagle look even more realistic. Enjoy.

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0799copy.jpg
    IMG_0799copy.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0803copy.jpg
    IMG_0803copy.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0819copy.jpg
    IMG_0819copy.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0811copy.jpg
    IMG_0811copy.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0818copy.jpg
    IMG_0818copy.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 339

Alphans
Always a pleasure to see another 44"er turn up on the forum. Nicely done too. I think you got the level of detailing absolutely spot on. :thumbup:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
I love the overall finish, plenty of detail to keep the eyes busy. Been back and looked several times and still see something new each time.

You wouldn't have any work in progress pictures by any chance?

Very keen to see how you made this especially how it was finished, painted and detailed. Sure I could learn a thing or two.... :D

Cap'n

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Well it's not "rivet counting" accurate......but I don't care about it being "rivet counting" accurate.
I only judge by how amazing it looks.
And it does look very Wow!
And so cool 8)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49602360@N00/

I wish I'd put it like that....

That's exactly the point, it just looks totally amazing and perfectly in keeping. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that all Eagles were different or perhaps made in batches like real aircraft. Design changes are usually subtle as these appear to be. I think the level of finish of this model is outstanding.

Cap'n

Alpha149

Forum Supporter
Beautiful work there! I love stepping out side the box on models and adding my own flair to them, as you have done here.

Transporter

Alphans
Nice job! :thumbup:
It looks very realistic. And of course, many people forget that there only can be one original Eagle One, Eagle Two, Eagle Three etc. and not every Eagle Model needs to be a replica of one of the screen used models.

joeb

Alphans
Thanks again everyone, here are some more of the detail inside the cages.

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0804copy.jpg
    IMG_0804copy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0825copy.jpg
    IMG_0825copy.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0817copy.jpg
    IMG_0817copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0808copy.jpg
    IMG_0808copy.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0840copy.jpg
    IMG_0840copy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 221

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Yep, nice build you should be very happy with that.

I too think its ok to build you're own Eagle, like it would be the 4th Eagle on the show, with different or enhanced detailing.

The only thing I don't like here is that none of the X-frames go into the corners, which is something that just looks really odd to me, but as said - nice job.

joeb

Alphans
Thanks Mark42. I know to someone who knows Eagles that those X frames look “odd”. At the time I thought it was easier to keep them consistent by cutting them that way. If I was ever to build another one, I would do them more accurately.

Joe

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
I've just looked at those extra cage photos, man oh man they look good. If I could get my paint and detailing scheme anywhere close to this standard I would be a happy builder. :D

Simply stunning.

Cap'n