Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Keith Young's Space 1999 Reference Guides

warspite

Alphans
Hello fellow Alphans,

Not sure if this news has been seen here but Keith Young is going to be re-releasing his original reference guides on CD. He made the anouncement over on Facebook and I have copied his ad for all of us here.

I know I am excited to have the chance to add these to my Technical Manual.

tryptych

Alphans
Sounds expensive to me.
If anybody wants to send me these me, I'll make them into proper scalable vector graphics and make them freely available.

Steve Gerard

Alphans
Hello fellow Alphans,

Not sure if this news has been seen here but Keith Young is going to be re-releasing his original reference guides on CD. He made the anouncement over on Facebook and I have copied his ad for all of us here.

I know I am excited to have the chance to add these to my Technical Manual.

Can you link this facebook annnouncement?

This is actually Keith Young himself releasing or another person? If it is Keith Young, then I am glad he is still doing this. I purchased his prior volume one CD and it was great.
I am surprised Keith does not contact prior purchasers or post here at ETF. :think:

Last edited:

warspite

Alphans
Can you link this facebook annnouncement?

This is actually Keith Young himself releasing or another person? If it is Keith Young, then I am glad he is still doing this. I purchased his prior volume one CD and it was great.
I am surprised Keith does not contact prior purchasers or post here at ETF. :think:

It is in fact Keith (Paxton) who is releasing them, here is the Facebook link as requested;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1057886177681118&set=gm.1091730304297622&type=3&theater&ifg=1

stiki

Alphans
Keith Young's Blueprints

Keith is a personal friend of mine - he is definitely rereleasing these due to requests to do so. Any copying & scanning is not only bad form but also theft.
I know first hand, having seen the original drawings, the years of hard work that went into these.... well worth $35 of anyone's money.

tryptych

Alphans
If they are genuine and being sold by the original author, fair do's, but the ad claims they are from "Starlog", so who says it's wrong to steal from a pirate?
And I would be recreating them based on those drawings, and not for profit either. One could say imitation is the sincerest form of theft of intellectual property. ;)

Last edited:

Steve Gerard

Alphans
It is in fact Keith (Paxton) who is releasing them, here is the Facebook link as requested;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1057886177681118&set=gm.1091730304297622&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Thank you warspite. :thumbup:

Keith is a personal friend of mine - he is definitely rereleasing these due to requests to do so. Any copying & scanning is not only bad form but also theft.
I know first hand, having seen the original drawings, the years of hard work that went into these.... well worth $35 of anyone's money.
Keith's work is brilliant. I purchased his Space:1999 Blueprints Volume 1 CD and was extremely happy. :thumbup:

When it states STARLOG formatted it is that Keith perfectly designing the layout to the 1978 STARLOG's Alpha Moonbase Technical Notebook standard. http://catacombs.space1999.net/cybermuseum/MATN/matnindex.html

Last edited:

warspite

Alphans
If they are genuine and being sold by the original author, fair do's, but the ad claims they are from "Starlog", so who says it's wrong to steal from a pirate?
And I would be recreating them based on those drawings, and not for profit either. One could say imitation is the sincerest form of theft of intellectual property. ;)

As mentioned by Steve, these are not part of the Starlog Technical Manual. These are suppliments to the Manual, all drawn by Keith himself. He 'filled in the blanks' missing from the Starlog issue. David Hirsch himself complemented his efforts,

Keith has only been releasing his work digitally since 2014. You might feel that your copying of his work as 'flattery' but wait until someone else steals some work you have put so much time into. Karma is a bitch.

Steve Gerard

Alphans
As mentioned by Steve, these are not part of the Starlog Technical Manual. These are suppliments to the Manual, all drawn by Keith himself. He 'filled in the blanks' missing from the Starlog issue. David Hirsch himself complemented his efforts,

Keith has only been releasing his work digitally since 2014. You might feel that your copying of his work as 'flattery' but wait until someone else steals some work you have put so much time into. Karma is a bitch.

David Hirsch's statement to Keith is very true. As a boy, I remember that in 1978 when I purchased STARLOG's Alpha Moonbase Technical Notebook I mailed in a registration form for future pages to be released from STARLOG to be purchased and placed in the notebook. STARLOG never released any new pages. Keith has done and is doing what STARLOG, sadly did not do.
:thumbup: