Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Konami Eagle forced perspective landing pad display

Callamon

Alphans
This was a "weekend quickie": A 3D printed Eagle landing pad as a forced perspective display base for KONAMI Eagles. I got the files from "Thingiverse" and used Shapeways to print them (all in "White strong & flexible"). The pad is made from 7 parts, the white ones were painted only using a light grey acryl washing, the red and black ones were painted in the desired colors and detailed with a pencil, white paint and a needle. Building an in-scale landing pad was no option for me, so I fell in love with the forced perspective variant:

PMarlowe

Alphans
They do look great, Callamon.

If people like them, I am thinking about putting some up on eBay. I found Shapeways expensive, but the result can't be argued with.

My own home 3D printer does a pretty decent job too.

I also just completed a Dinky Winch Pod, which I put up on eBay to gauge interest:

PMarlowe

Alphans
If you search for "dinky eagle freighter" you should find it, but here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151309902356?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I set it up with free shipping to the US, but that doesn't help most of the folks who may bid on it, since the majority of the fan base is in Europe and Australia. I'll have to figure out an equitable way to ship these to those places.

BTW, I'm willing to sell off eBay. This first eBay auction was to gauge interest and see how much they are worth in the eyes of the collecting community.

Sean.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Falling Away...

Yes, I like it very much as well. Can't recall any occasion in the series wherein we have an Eagle, in its standard get-up-and-go mode, seen like this - as the launch area rapidly falls away from below...

Clever, and well done! :yes:

PMarlowe

Alphans
Well, there are a few issues. Like the jet trails lead to the underjets on the pod, not the main underjets, so the pod doesn't fall off while on display. But I think we can live with a few embellishments for a nice display.

:)

PMarlowe

Alphans
I've never seen the Comet miniature Eagle. But it's not likely to fit as-is.

This landing pad was modeled to perfectly fit the underjets of the Konami pod.

However, I could model one to fit the Comet version... I'd just need one in-hand to measure, print, test fit and finalize.

But once I had that done, then yes, I could model it to fit.

I was also thinking about doing a much larger one for the PE Eagles. The diameter of the white portion of the base can be 12cm. That's my printer's maximum print area.

I have not done this yet, however...

Sean.