Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

LARGE SCALE EAGLE LASER TURRET & SPINE

Blue Moon

Alphans
Although most of us agree, that Season two of space was largely 'pants' thanks to the poor writing/cast changes etc :-/ I, like many still enjoy the model sequences. And so, hot on the heels of my last silo laser cannon model, (and taking a little breather from my Moonrangers project) I decided to whip a studio scale model of the year two eagle laser turret and accompanying large scale spine section. Again it's not canon as I don't have access time etc to decent images of the model, just some screen grabs. Plus I wanted to get something together quickly. I'm quite pleased with it so far, apart from the colour of the laser, needs to be whiter, I think :think: Anyway, captures the flavour I think.... Some pics so far........:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 84

Blue Moon

Alphans
And the 'over embellished' spine sections :lol: Just got to do a base n surround now :yes:

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 111

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Cannon Canon (And Other Fun With Words...)

Although most of us agree, that Season two of space was largely 'pants' thanks to the poor writing/cast changes etc :-/ I, like many still enjoy the model sequences. And so, hot on the heels of my last silo laser cannon model, (and taking a little breather from my Moonrangers project) I decided to whip a studio scale model of the year two eagle laser turret and accompanying large scale spine section. Again it's not canon as I don't have access time etc to decent images of the model, just some screen grabs. Plus I wanted to get something together quickly. I'm quite pleased with it so far, apart from the colour of the laser, needs to be whiter, I think :think: Anyway, captures the flavour I think.... Some pics so far........:thumbup:

Well, they do say variety is the spice of life! ;) Might even spark an idea or two for a MR variation or two...

:think: Just for clarity, "studio scale" for this particular model signifies what size or range?

:?: Likely just the American in me, but unclear re your first-sentence word used to describe Year 2. (PM, if you'd prefer. Thanks!)

PeteQ

Alphans
:?: Likely just the American in me, but unclear re your first-sentence word used to describe Year 2. (PM, if you'd prefer. Thanks!)

Although most of us agree, that Season two of space was largely 'pants' thanks to the poor writing/cast changes etc

Do you mean "pants"? In England that's slang for "not very good". Over here "pants" means underwear. In slang this typically means of the soiled, "worn-out" variety :yes:

Blue Moon

Alphans
Yes sorry, I think it was always referred to as 'year two' or the '2nd Season' of Space 1999 in all the PR blurb :-/

Re Scale: I know the original laser turret model featured an 'Airfix Saturn lunar module thruster as the barrel nozzle, and I've used a lunar lander one on mine (similar scale) But I'm no good at working out scale! :no: I can tell you that the turret is exactly 10" in length (250mm to our younger members!)

Sat on its pole it is 15" high (375mm) And the girders come in at 22" long x 9.5" high :yes:

Blue Moon

Alphans
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Just seen your other post, yes pants is slang for not very good in Britain, but it also means trousers, or underwear as well, confusing isn't it!:yes: :oops:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Toe-MATE-to? Toe-MOTT-to?

To Blue Moon and PeteQ: Thank you both - I guess the meaning of the word "pants" does indeed depend upon which side of the Atlantic you're on! Most of the time I can reasonably puzzle out the meaning of an unfamiliar word or expression, but this time I was stumped. :think: If I seemed a bit circumspect in asking, it was on the side of caution (especially since I didn't know what it meant!)...

Thanks, as well, for clearing up size/scale questions re your Eagle "pop-top" laser cannon. Be it in modelling or fanfic writing, we all enjoy the chase, drilling down to those fine details! :yes:

Blue Moon

Alphans
I thought it might be fun to whip up a 1:1 scale hand controller for the Laser Turret as seen in the episode 'The AB Chrysalis' went out and got some bits for it today. Unfortunatly, I could not source the same vintage slider switch and rotary cap used on the original prop, but it's pretty close. Likewise, I could not find what was used for the handle/base of the unit-probably a cine camera handle from the era. Ended up using a craft knife handle as it has a similar shape :wtf:

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 30
Pure class....

I love the way you just "whip up" stuff - you must surely exist in a parallel time vortex or something? Keep whipping up more great stuff - the laser turret and spine is a real beauty.....

Kindest regards

Patrick