Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

large scratchbuild of thunderbird 3

barrie

Alphans
hi everyone I have been busy once more doing my thing and here is the latest from my own old hand, a three foot scratchbuilt version of thunderbrid 3. all hand made and painted not very brilliantly I might add as painting is not realy my thing I just love building models. anyway the photos tell the story better than I can by typeing. let me know what you think the model wil of course be on display at TRANSPORT MODELS IN PRESTON LANCASHIRE so drop in and have a look.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF1637.jpg
    DSCF1637.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF1688.jpg
    DSCF1688.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF1713.jpg
    DSCF1713.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1753.jpg
    DSCF1753.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF1761.jpg
    DSCF1761.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF1845.jpg
    DSCF1845.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF2070.jpg
    DSCF2070.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF2122.jpg
    DSCF2122.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF2128.jpg
    DSCF2128.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 98

barrie

Alphans
3 foot tb3 scratchbuild

That looks great Barrie ! Can't believe how much plastic card you must have used looking at those pics !

well not as much as you think, but to give you some idea the bottom round section holding the rockets is 6 inches across, most of the plastic I used was to fill out therocket motors and the nose cone. I have all the build phots if there is a section you want to see let me know.

wappynutter

Alphans
Barrie...... Oh you are a scratch building god..:clap: :notworthy:
I think I may have told you this before....:brows:

Well done my friend she looks awesome...:thumbup:

Regards Andy...

barrie

Alphans
Thank you Andy I am NO god I just like to make models thats all, models just a bit different from the rest a bit bigger or models which no one else tackles I like a challange.

wappynutter

Alphans
Yeah me too Barrie...... only on the smaller scale.. :yes:

Whats next for you? Galactica, Imperial star destroyer, the Cygnus????

Can't wait to see what you have in store.... Is there room still at Transport Models? You must have filled it by now.... :lol:

Regards Andy.:D

barrie

Alphans
I have another thunderbird in mind and maybe something realy different but will keep you posted as to the model shop Mark keeps telling me he has plenty of room so I just keep building, and one model my mark one viper is now in a private collection.

regards barrie ( the old guy )

wappynutter

Alphans
Yeah think I saw that...... you was advertising up on http://www.modelermagic.com/ :brows:

Glad you got a buyer...means more cash for more styrene plus room for a replacement in the shop...:thumbup:
Take care old guy and happy modelling... :lol:

Regards Andy

Fun Pod

Alphans
Very nice effort, Barrie :thumbup: However, don't forget that the white '3's on the lower fuselage are oriented sideways - they only look upright when TB 3 is in level flight ;)

barrie

Alphans
Hello Mr Fun Pod,
thank you for your comments and I did do a bit of looking into the numbering and there are two of the threes on the lower fusalge horizontally and one verticaly, it confused me for a while, if you have a copy of sc fi and fantyasy modeller " modeling the 21st century, there is a thunderbrird three build in there by David Mcdermott who caried out a great study of the craft and on page 19 you wil see the veritcal number three then on page 20 the horizontal number three, I think there were a great many variations of the model depending on scale and who built and finished it.

one thing is for sure you have studied them and love your thunderbrirds like most model makers, keep your glue sticky,

Fun Pod

Alphans
Oh! :O

Barrie, you are entirely correct: it would appear that it depends on which segment of the fuselage it is photographed from.

I humbly stand corrected.

barrie

Alphans
Oh! :O

Barrie, you are entirely correct: it would appear that it depends on which segment of the fuselage it is photographed from.

I humbly stand corrected.

I will have to admit Mr Fun Pod that it took me some time to realise that a lot of the models had a great deal of different sized lettering and numbers, just take a look at some thunderbird 2 reference phots and you will see what I mean, back then they just built and finished the model never making notes or taking photos to match up with later new models, but thats what makes making models so interesting and challenging keep your knife sharp and the top on your glue