Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Little help needed.

Hello

I'm restoring an Dinky Eagle and at the moment i like to add some extra details on the CM etc.

Visual sample (no Dinky) :

Already i tried a fineliner/paintmarker with a steady hand, but i find it hard to make those dots cubic-shaped.
Maskingtape didn't helped either because of the really small scale of the Dinky. (Needless to say i'm not a professional modeller :cry:)

Anyone any tips?

Thank you !

Last edited:
I would just use any black decal you have from another kit and with a sharp xacto knife, cut some squares and round the corners a bit. I know there are decals for the 11/12 inch but I don't recall the Dinky. Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Thank you Richard. I already got dinky decals/stickers from Canada. The problem is that they are not accurate enough. The dots aren't cubic shaped. The Alpha-logo is usefull btw :)

Ham Salad

Alphans
Hello

I'm restoring an Dinky Eagle
Already i tried a fineliner/paintmarker with a steady hand, but i find it hard to make those dots cubic-shaped.
Maskingtape didn't helped either because of the really small scale of the Dinky. (Needless to say i'm not a professional modeller :cry:)

Anyone any tips?

Thank you !

thin black pin striping tape: it's permanent vinyl, and you can easily make little squares with it. This was actually quite commonly used for this sort of thing; although back in the '70s they tended to use drafting tape, which is hard to come by now. The art of making working drawings by hand has fallen by the wayside so the supplies for same have become relics.

Thanks for your reply Ham.
I just found an easy way of doing those markings. I'm thinking creating decals myself instead of painting. Got the design and Dinky scale right already! Just have to order some decal-printing paper. Will show the results when finished.

Hey Interceptor,

Drop me an email I can probably help you out. I make good quality color laser waterslide decals and I should be able to resize for the Dinky Eagle.
With some basic measurements from you, should be simple to accomplish - I don't own a Dinky one so I've never bothered to look at decals for it.

Attachments

• 12 inch Type 1.jpg
    12 inch Type 1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 12 inch Type 2.jpg
    12 inch Type 2.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 25
Thx Scale-mt ! I'll first give it a try with the decalpaper i just ordered. I also needed some barrel decals for the freighter dinky model too.