Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Lunar Carrier landing gear. How does it work?

Sky1Driver

Alphans
One of my favorite UFO vehicles is the Lunar Carrier. I was always fascinated by its landing gear. It looked so complicated and how did it all fit in the wing? Well, after staring at screenshots and almost every available photo of the vehicle taking off and landing, this is what I came up with (besides eyestrain). Additional inspiration came from the close up of the landing gear for Seagull X-Ray and that NASA transport seen in JOURNEY TO THE FAR SIDE OF THE SUN. The final result was added to my update to Jonathan E’s Lunar Carrier/Module schematic.

Attached is a theory on how the landing gear retracted into the wings (it would be a very tight fit).

Attachments

• Seagull XRay.jpg
    Seagull XRay.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 5
  • NASA Transport.jpg
    NASA Transport.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Lunar Carrier 1.jpg
    Lunar Carrier 1.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Lunar Carrier2.jpg
    Lunar Carrier2.jpg