Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Lunar Module/Carrier schematic

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Hello, all.

Another favorite UFO vehicle is the Lunar Module/Carrier. Jonathan E. created a great three page schematic of the duo on his DeviantArt page.

Like the Skydiver schematic, I condensed it down to one page with some changes: combining the markings of the large lunar module model with the small one.

Additional sources are Capt. Sci-Fi's screengrabs, and the legendary "big pink book."

I attached individual profiles from the one page. Because there are no clear shots of the lunar carrier's landing gear, I had to fudge it

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected copy copy.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected copy copy.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 61
  • gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_profile2.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_profile2.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 30
  • gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_profile1.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_profile1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 40

Sky1Driver

Alphans
OOOPs, wrong files

Sorry, guys.

I was looking at the pics and realized I had uploaded the wrong files. Attached is the final versions. The previous ones at the start of this thread were older versions.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 54
  • gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_profile1.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_profile1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 34
  • gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_profile2.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_profile2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 31

Jonathan E

Alphans
Again nice additional details, with the Lunar Carrier I used the generic detailing from the UFO Technical Manual. That will teach me to stick to the studio detailing.

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Thanks. But you did the hard job. All I did was add some stuff. I like your idea of creating a color mechanical catalog of vehicles from Gerry's shows. It's a first.

Jonathan E

Alphans
It is a long term and on going project, I hope, eventually, to draw every major Anderson vehicle and as many guest vehicles as I can find reference material for.
I do tend to jump form show to show as I get easily distracted, but I am enjoying doing the drawings and the research for them.

Sky1Driver

Alphans
OK, I wasn't entirely happy with the landing gear of the carrier. So I gave it another go. Based on studies of the hi-res screen grabs, this is what I came up of.

Attachments

• UFO lunar module system mods.jpg
    UFO lunar module system mods.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 36

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I guess its the OCD in me, but I redid the Lunar Module drawings after looking at more photos of the original filming models. These are just samples. Enjoy.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_copy 2.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_copy 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
  • gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected copy copy.jpg
    gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected copy copy.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 20

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Its been a while correcting this one. The most common error I find is that the tail is not big enough. You will notice I have three side views of the Lunar Module. I don't really like the small version of the FX miniature. The two top ones are for the large miniature, and the third for the small one. The side and front view has previously appeared in my entry on The Monitor about how its landing gear works. This is the first time all of it appears in one big drawing.

In the Japanese "pink" book, the detailing for the bottom of the carrier miniature is incomplete, I looked at the Konami models and screengrabs for inspiration. The original drawings were by Jonathan E.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected copy.png
    1 MB · Views: 4

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I forgot to make some additions to the drawing. This is the final version.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_UFO_lunar_module_system_corrected.png
    1 MB · Views: 5

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I was able to decipher more of the bottom paneling of the carrier through photoshop from the "pink" book. This is the last post for this drawing. I apologize for the constant edits to get this drawing as right. The problem is that when you think it is done, more info presents itself.

Attachments

1 MB · Views: 3

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Sorry. I realized I posted an old file. This is the last post of this drawing. The details I changed were so subtle that I did not see them myself until now. The biggest difference is the end of the engine pods under the wings. Not many will notice that the end of the pods curve and slowly merge with the bottom ends of the wing underneath the tail. It took a while to make this. Again, Jonathan E created the original drawing where I made the alterations.

Attachments

1 MB · Views: 5

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I was researching for more info on the Lunar Carrier and found errors. They have been corrected, plus, I added additional detailing on the drawing. Like I mentioned in the Skydiver drawings, it is like building a model kit. You try to build an accurate model, research, build it. And then you find more information and you want to build a more accurate model. This, hopefully is it. I could not find any more info to update it. Unless closeups of the carrier's landing gear show up.

Attachments

1 MB · Views: 3

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I found this drawing, which appears to have been done by Derek Meddings of the Lunar Carrier. I attached it with my final version of the drawing for comparison. This particular tech drawing of this SHADO craft gave me such headaches. It was not the design, but all the panel lines on the FX miniature. I struggled to put the most that could be found clearly seen. Also, for those out there that have seen the various views of any of the FX miniatures, you have to take into account that some were taken at an angle and not perfectly level, or flat, so some parts appear to be shorter, longer, etc. Thankfully, its done. Besides the drawing for Skydiver and the Mobile Transporter, this one almost made me start drinking.

Attachments

• UFO Meddings Lunar Module copy.JPG
    UFO Meddings Lunar Module copy.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 6
    1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited: