Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Lunar Module cutaway

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Speaking of a cutaway of the SHADO Lunar Module, I did a simple one that shows just the main section of the vehicle. Its not canon, but I tried to fit in what would have been possible as seen or spoken in the series. Pardon the old-school way of drawing.

Attachments

• SHADO LM.jpg
    SHADO LM.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 51

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Thank you. I am sure more stuff could be crammed in, but my main concern was how to fit all the astronauts inside such a small Moon vehicle. Ah, science fiction! I think any thing bigger had to be shipped to Moonbase, it would be along the lines of an extra sized Space Dumper (in The Long Sleep).

Sky1Driver

Alphans
I was reading Chris Bentley's UFO book and was reminded how the Lunar Module was such a workhorse for Moonbase. This got me thinking of my original LM cutaway.

Using a little Photoshop, I added a cargo bay, enlarged the fusion reactor and made the main engine smaller. The logic behind it is the ribbed area of the LM would be unpressurized, compared to the front which it is (for the crew). This would make it similar to the Space Shuttle. The cargo bay of the shuttle also housed the vehicle's thermal management system (fancy term for radiators), the ribbed area of the LM would serve that.

How to get the cargo out? Well, maybe thru doors on the underside of the Lunar Module. That way, when it lands at Moonbase, it would be facing the gantry for unloading.

Attachments

• LM cutaway revised copy.jpg
    LM cutaway revised copy.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 10