Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Mac's Car

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys

Just finshed second 3 ft Thunderbird 2 , and had a good clear up in my work shop , i have another model to start in the new year , but after finally finshing Eagle 3 i wanted to get back and finsh some more of my own models , that i patterned a few years back , one of these was Macs car studio scale , i brought out the pattern that has been siting on my work shop shelf along with the Shado mobile and have started to clean it up ready for moulding , really looking forward to building this , as its a first , after building Eagles , and Thunderbird 2 ,s as well as Thunderbird 3 , ,
you kinda know what you are doing with your eyes shut , so making a new model keeps you on your toes.

The Model i have taken on for the new year is called a V8 - Logan fighter
a techrobo , Macs car buy this time should have been moulded , crossed fingures and i can build Macs car along with the Logan Fighter ,

after Macs car it the Shado mobile again , i patterned it a few years back ,

then a 30 inch SPV thats also on my bench , this has loads of work left , still in its pattern stage , along with Fireball XL5 , i wish i had 6 pairs of hands

in the long road ahead the Crabbloger in scale with my 3 ft Thunderbird 2

thats all happy new year
keep you upto date with Macs car

Pete

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Big green flying machine....

Hi Sam,

Moved thanks for the heads up.

I am really looking forward to seeing the goods Pete. Loving all the other projects you have made. :D

Mac's Car is one of my favourites although Joe 90 as a series never pulled me in like some of the others.

Ordering extra beer and pizza, this is going to be good.

Merry Christmas guys.

Cap'n

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys

Hope you are all enjoying the Xmas Break , marked out the windows on Macs
car basicaly a slight indentation has been created to show the window line , when the pattern is moulded this area gets cut out, on the glass fibre body shell .

I was also looking at my Shado mobile pattern today , what the Hell i,m going to work on this as well ready for moulding at the same time as Macs
car. The Shado mobile was at the same stage before i started on Macs car ,so really its just a little clean up , so both will get moulded now at the same time , photos soon .

Both body shells once returned will have the normal prep work a good clean up , before assemble work can begin .

Macs car will be first , because this model has wings that retract into the body , i need to gain entry into the inside , i'll open up the area where the large jet intakes are , like on the original and if i can i will try to recreate
all the servo's mech's working the wings move in and out , and wheels up and down .

The wings i have cut out of plastic card , but because of the way they have to be fitted inside i dont know the lenght of the overall size , once i have this sorted out , i will create the main wings profile shape , and get these moulded later , this is where i can then start on the Shado Mobile , while waiting for the wings to be moulded

I have two sets of Tiger joe tanks tracks and wheels , also one set of Resin wheels , but know tracks , i willl make 3 Mobiles over a period of time ?
one to worked on along with Macs car, the other two
no rush , as i have over projects to get of the bench ,so i have started to
clear my back log of models at last its been a busy year , and next years is
going to be the same .

happy new year to you all

Pete

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
taken some photos today of Macs car and Shado mobile , should be up 24 hrs

the models have been sprayed in gloss paint , Macs car in Green, that was left over from TB2, just to see whats it looks like , its not the final colour, before moulding , Shado mobile in Black , just using up some old cans of paint , same again before moulding ,

Thanks to Mike for putting up the photos i send him
Pete

crowe-t

Alphans
Here are pictures Pete sent me:

Propland

Chief Eagle Pilot
Sale Here!

Hi Pete, once you have the molds done, please begin on assembling a Joe 90 flying car kit for me :thumbup: awesome work!!!
Could you also post some pics of your TB2 ???
Cheers - Darren Peters

Last edited:

seaview

Alphans
Hi Darren

no probs , i had taken some photos of both the Tb2 kits i built before xmas i'll post some up , if also you look on westway aviation models web site , under tv models you'll see lots more of my work , also on Mike's voyage to the bottom of the sea , web site ,look under fan built models , there you will see my Seaview , and how i built the Spindrift model
cheers mike for post these
Pete

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys

Both patterns for Macs car , and Shado mobile were picked up this morning, i expect to have the casts back in a few weeks .
in the mean time , i dropped of the drawing for Mac's car into the model works at Shepperton , a mate of mine will use his cad machine to make one wheel , hub and tyre.

Now i intend then to have the tyre's cast in rubber , so each set of 4 will cost around £60 ? the hubs i,m looking to have these turned in Alloy price ?

in the mean time , i have two clear rate masters for a 3 ft stingray , also turned up today any intrest let me know.

also been working on the Logan fighter , nearly finshed , not a bad looking craft ,

Pete

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys

Mac's car is studio scale , its basicly the same size of the model seen on that old news reel clip , of model makers building a Spitfire and some thunderbird models in the back ground , the clip of film was filmed in a Hounslow workshop , love to know where abouts .

Pete

Hi Darren

no probs , i had taken some photos of both the Tb2 kits i built before xmas i'll post some up , if also you look on westway aviation models web site , under tv models you'll see lots more of my work , also on Mike's voyage to the bottom of the sea , web site ,look under fan built models , there you will see my Seaview , and how i built the Spindrift model
cheers mike for post these
Pete

http://www.westway-aircraft-models.com/22.html

It also says the company did some work on 'the last' Star Wars film. Can you expand on that a bit? Any photos?

Jim

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys

Well , been very busy , after having finshed the pattern,s for Macs Car , and the Shado mobile , and the Logan fighter , i have time on my hand , before they all arrive back from moulding , to carry on with my SPV , that i started 2 yrs back , making very good progress, ,basicaly all the rear work has been blocked out and ,shaped to my drawing , i ,m now working on the front end , a little more difficult, to get this looking right , again it,s a case of blocking out , i normally use Balsa wood for this , and apply car filler over the top , and sand to the finshed shape .
The main air intakes being the biggest problem here , and as always thinking ahead as to how it can be moulded , ill try and take some photos of the SPV as well as these builds move along .

Pete