Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Making a pallet pod

Transporter

Alphans
I have three Airfix Hawks. One is built back in the seventies (therefore according to the box art and my skills at the time), one is from Comet Miniatures purchased for far too much money and one I found by chance in large modelshop about 10 years ago for a fair price. The one I am working on will be an orange version like it was seen in the series. The second one will be made as it looked when it was delivered from Martin Bower to the studios (that one looked much better in my opinion). What are your next projects?

Bishop

Alphans
I am now working on the PE 12" that came with the freighter pod. I am bringing it up to speed, but I shall leave the engine set up as is, rather than adding all the extra plumbing like I did with the other 4.

There is a little Millennium Falcon that is part way finished sitting on a shelf which I shall get back to, and I am restoring a Dinky 106 TB2 for someone in our collectible toys shop, plus finishing a Corgi 267 Batmobile restoration. I have 11 of the little beauties 9 of which I have restored, that follow the complete production run of the 267. I love getting hold of what most people would see as rubbish and bring it back to life.

And I think I will hunt up a Airfix Hawk from somewhere...I will go with white too (I think)

Then of course there is JDs Nuke coming and the Grab arm (made up thankfully) and perhaps now the side boosters. All in all it will be a busy year.

Bishop

Alphans
Here's the finished pallet.

and the canisters awaiting their decals. The crappy photo doesn't show it well, but the "speckling" effect is much better now.

w8cmp

Alphans
Very nice indeed. How did you make the little orange triangle markings ?

I might well have to go back and do mine again after seeing this thread...makes it look a bit amateur :oops:

Bishop

Alphans
Highly technical...I drew the two circles and the cross free hand with a pencil, coloured one in with a 002 black permanent marker (as with the writing) and coloured the other little circle and the cross in with a cheap orange felt pen. After the clear coat I went over the pencil lines on the cross.

If you look at the pod on Mark42s site, I think they may have done it the same way. The cross could be made up easily from four triangles though I think they are slightly rounded on the original.

Transporter

Alphans
Now, after a while...here is my recently finished Pallette Pod with the Nuclear Waster Canisters.

Nuclear Waster Canisters

I must admit, that I just was not really satisfied with my selfmade canisters (see at the beginning of this thread) and so I finally ordered 8 canisters from Mike Reader.

I can recommend Mike not highly enough. My input to him were the holes on the underside of the canisters. They are just big enough to house the small magnets, I bought, before I oredered the canisters from Mike.

Pallette Pod with Nuclear Waster Canisters

So my canisters stick to my Eagle's pallette pod (especially good for flying around, making "wooosh" sounds...;).)

Pallette Pod Eagle with Nuclear Waster Canisters

The canisters were sprayed with FDW (Duplicolor Auto color 1-0400).

The decals were made by myself, using an inkjet printer and the appropriate decal sheets.

The thin black line decals are from Lettraset (0.79 mm). These are normally not available anymore, but I found a shop that still had some...(phew, me, lucky guy). They are just a little bit thinner than the white band. Just like the "real" thing.

One of my 8 canisters is reserved for my winch pod Eagle, one of my next accurizing projects. :yes:

Please enjoy! :D

Ron

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Now, after a while...here is my recently finished Pallette Pod with the Nuclear Waster Canisters.

Nuclear Waster Canisters

I must admit, that I just was not really satisfied with my selfmade canisters (see at the beginning of this thread) and so I finally ordered 8 canisters from Mike Reader.

I can recommend Mike not highly enough. My input to him were the holes on the underside of the canisters. They are just big enough to house the small magnets, I bought, before I oredered the canisters from Mike.

Pallette Pod with Nuclear Waster Canisters

So my canisters stick to my Eagle's pallette pod (especially good for flying around, making "wooosh" sounds...;).)

Pallette Pod Eagle with Nuclear Waster Canisters

The canisters were sprayed with FDW (Duplicolor Auto color 1-0400).

The decals were made by myself, using an inkjet printer and the appropriate decal sheets.

The thin black line decals are from Lettraset (0.79 mm). These are normally not available anymore, but I found a shop that still had some...(phew, me, lucky guy). They are just a little bit thinner than the white band. Just like the "real" thing.

One of my 8 canisters is reserved for my winch pod Eagle, one of my next accurizing projects. :yes:

Please enjoy! :D

Ron

Absolutely Stunning work. I wish I would have seen this a year ago! Thanks for the look see!