Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Making the IR Thunderbird 2 accurate "Modifications"

Eagle

Commander Ret.
Following in fine ETDC tradition, let's use this thread to get the views and experiences of anyone modifying the Iconic Replicas Thunderbird 2 model to make it more accurate.

I guess we'll be quiet for a while - but it'll happen sooner or later. :)

w8cmp

Alphans
Gotta get someone to buy it first...:think:

Would be interested in pics from all angles to get a feel for the model's shape and accuracy in that department.

Could have done it last weekend at Comet but I forgot my camera !

Eagle

Commander Ret.
Thing is.. I am actually tempted to buy it but I couldn't live with the paintwork...

Straker90

Alphans
I know we had discussed how bad the colour was but now you show it next to David Sissons TB2, it looks damn awful.
Bravo to Davids TB2, it looks splendid!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Bishop

Alphans
The first thing one would have to do is redo the windows. Compared with Mark42s TB2 they aren't even in the same ball park. Any screen grab would have shown that.... even the jolly Dinky is better than that.

Why waste the money? Sorry...

You would also have to fill in all the lines running along the pod, which don't exist in the real thing. The rear nacelles are also too long and the wrong colour. You would probably want to put some detail into where the legs "attach" to the body. The look basically painted on, but I could be wrong.

Eagle

Commander Ret.
I don't. Sorry!

How difficult can it be to research and use the correct one? Inaccurate weathering and paintwork I can kind of understand (in the grand scheme of things) but a simple font?... excuse the pun, but it's not rocket science! :lol:

Its the whole"Replicas" thing that gets me and im sure if somebody bothered trade descriptions could have a field day with that one!!
Your absolutely right about the font and that hatch on top is nt exactly flush either is it??But ultimately it is the panel lining and that God-awful paint that ruins this.I could go on but it s wrong to mock the afflicted.
This thing will tumble in price.Do nt do what i did a couple of years ago and let your love for the subject matter take a hold of your wallet.I paid £250 for the FAB 1 and now it is nt worth the price of a stamp.It spends it s days locked away at the back of my storage room like an unloved ginger-haired stepson.

Knight1966

Alphans
a good place to start would be to list what's right first, er.................................................................................?

gojira61

Forum Supporter
a good place to start would be to list what's right first, er.................................................................................?

Well, it's called Thunderbird 2, that's right (as long as you don't look too close at the model) :D

Jim

Bishop

Alphans
Well I think it is, I haven't looked closely enough at the writing on its bum, but I think that's what it says.

Now I just have to stop for a minute and say, come on IR/PE I have one of your Supercar models sitting in front of me and its just superb, an absolute delight. We know you can do this stuff well so come on... we want to support you not run you down, because you've done so much that we love... so set the standard don't chase it.

Straker90

Alphans
On the ebay store I bought my eagles from (12inch) Someone was asking questions about the IR TB2 prop, and was saying to the seller how much they wanted it and loved the detailing and the paint work, I was like ::O: and :hmm: anyway the guy bought it for £299, Unbelievable!!