Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Making the PE12 Eagle accurate. "Modifications"

w8cmp

Alphans
Crikey Chris! The rate you, and others on this forum, upgrade PE Eagles it seems to me that anyone who has an untouched one has a real collectable. They must be rarer than hen's teeth by now!

I have made sure I have one complete, boxed and untouched set of PE Eagles in my collection. The others I'm modifying are either unboxed or pre-owned obtained cheaply on Ebay - and in some cases already had the bells changed for aluminium.

I reckon I'm getting on for having more PE 12" Eagles than Moonbase Alpha had available now...just need some space to display them all !

Bishop

Alphans
:p Well I understood perfectly well what I meant, innocent I tell you....I can't help it if he's drawn badly.... :lol::lol:

fasbird

Alphans
I just purchased a 12" PE Eagle that is the Aoshima variety. Is this the same as the normal PE Eagle? Does it come apart the same way

Transporter

Alphans
Apart from the box, it is the same Eagle, so it must come apart in the same way. I got an Aoshima VIP Eagle and I did not find any differences to my PE Eagle.

fasbird

Alphans
thanks

Cool! I thought as much, but didn't know for sure. Won it off ebay and awaiting it's arrival. I want to get a few of these to build a fleet.

fasbird

Alphans
Well, I'm a "oldbie". Kind of a cross between a newbie and an old hand at this. I was a fanatic back in the 70's-80's. I actually made a Eagle out of wood in the '70's. Bought a couple MPC 12" kits way back also. I have no idea where the model kits went? Probably my younger brother trashed them. The wood version I threw away like an idiot about 10-15 years ago. I fell into 8 AMT 12" kits a few years back. I just looked last night on the shelves. I have the kit I opened and started to accurize years ago. Haven't touched it in 2 years. I also have 7 unopened kits. I am going to look for a few PE versions also.

So, in reality I have

8 - AMT model kits
1 - PE Transporter (on the way)

Looking for a Rescue and Lab version next.

I think I'm off to a decent start, eh?

Gar

Stratosphere

Alphans
Apart from the box, it is the same Eagle, so it must come apart in the same way. I got an Aoshima VIP Eagle and I did not find any differences to my PE Eagle.

So is it possible to still get the Aoshima Eagle ? I am asking because i missed on the PE Eagles (all version... :( When i started asking stores around here they were out of stock since already more than a year and all the e-stores i saw were the same.... (now 2011).