Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Martian Excursion Vehicle

badsimmonds

Alphans
Hi Crimson & Patrick & Last Battlestar
Many thanks for your kind comments.
Towards the end of last year I started my next project but since then I've not been able to get it really going due to the weather etc. I keep thinking I must do some work on it but always find an excuse not to, do other people have the same problem at times or am I just different.
Its not helped by the fact I have other models I've decided I want to do and I'm beginning to think to put aside that model and jump to the next one. Any decision is not helped by the fact I have no spare money.

Don't force it.....

badsimmonds, it's patently obvious that when you put your foot down, you can turn out work of a very high standard in a relatively short space of time. I believe that you shouldn't worry too much about the project which is proving problematic - if your heart's not in it, you won't enjoy it and it will probably show in the long run.

Better by far to turn your attention to something more appealing (funds permitting) and get going with that. I've found that sometimes I can gain as much pleasure in an evening, thinking ahead, drawing up and planning my next stage, without a) spending any money and without b) pushing myself to build that next difficult part, or embark on all that sanding and finishing. You may even find that time spent in the planning stage will overcome a lot of the hurdles you may face further down the line.

It's up to you, of course, but you're not alone in losing sight of where you want to be, and you shouldn't get too down about it!

Look forward to hearing from you and seeing another mighty basdsimmonds project in the future,

Kindest regards

Patrick

Sorry if I have missed this in your post but did you use a marker to do the detail lines? I'm in the process of doing a smaller one but I think if I was to scribe into the model I would ruin it?

Fantastic model!!!!

Kind regards

Jamie

badsimmonds

Alphans
Sorry if I have missed this in your post but did you use a marker to do the detail lines? I'm in the process of doing a smaller one but I think if I was to scribe into the model I would ruin it?

Hi Jamie

I just used a pen to create the panel lines simply because that particular surface takes pen better.
The only model I have actually scribed the surface was my recent Sky 1 model,
it was the first time so I was very nervous but it turned out fine. I certainly will scribe in future if the model needs lines.
I personally think if the model is too small then perhaps scribing might make the lines out of scale if you know what I mean. Let me know how things get on.
Thanks for your kind comments.

BS