Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Matter of life and death and a pause..

johnnybear

Alphans
I've just started watching the Network DVD version (2005) and found that the second episode (Matter of Life and Death) was a bit grating through the TV. Now that could be my TV which is eleven years old but there was a momentary pause in the penultimate scene with Helena and Lee talking about him being like a reflection in the mirror and just before she says anti-matter the disc pauses. I wonder if anyone else has found this (doesn't occur on the Carlton set) or if there are other episodes with a pause in the 2005 set? I would have thought that the newer discs would have used a DVD9 instead of a 5 which were notorious for pausing near the middle of the episode.
JB

MADsen

Alphans
Hi...JB...:thumbup:

I have the Network 2005 edition, Region 2.

And I have no problems with this Boxset at all...

johnnybear

Alphans
Hi,MADsen,
The sound is a bit too harsh on my TV set I know but the pause between Helena and Lee near the end of the episode,are you saying your copy doesn't have it?
JB

MADsen

Alphans
Hi.. JB...:thumbup:

Yes, I haven´t had any problems, either picture or sound...:thumbup:

And I have seen this boxset many times now, no problem..

gwent

Alphans
Johnnybear, I have that set - I'll see if I can check this scene out and I'll post here if I have the same issue or not.

johnnybear

Alphans
I know you replied to this question a few years back, Gwent but what happened to your reply? You said that you did have that pause as I recall...
JB