Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Micromachines "Action Fleet " Aliens Models

thundergod

Alphans
In anticipation of the release of the "Aliens: Colonial Marines "video game , I've unearthed my collection of "Aliens"models and figures ( I'm planning a 1/6 diorama for my Hot Toys Marines ). I thought I'd share a few pics of the "Action Fleet" range of toys/models produced by Galoob that appeared ( briefly ) in 1997 .
You don't see a lot about this range as they weren't that widely distributed ( at least that's how I remember it ) and they ended up appearing in discount shops ( 2 of my 3 cost me £3.99 each ! ). Galoob had huge success with their Micromachines range and produced some great Star Wars models in the "Action Fleet " collection , so it's a bit of a mystery why "Aliens" didn't prove a hit for them . My own theory is that mainstream outlets were a little nervous about stocking a "kids " range based on an 18 certificate property , much like the infamous "Alien" figure from the 70's . All 3 models in the range are lovely items , loaded with action features , for the most part well detailed and even include tiny little "action figures " . What's not to love !

( The APC in this pic is from the "regular" Micromachine range and is about an inch long . It also fits inside the Dropship . How cool is that ! )

( Look closely and you can see Jones the cat in his cat box !)

When I re-discovered the models , I was curious so I checked out ebay for an idea of prices ( not that I put much value in ebay prices ) . Lets put it this way , when I paid £3.99 , I wish I'd cleared the bloody shelves ! :O

CR

Alphans
I have (buried somewhere in storage) the regular minis from the micro machine range... there was one set from Alien and one from Aliens (where you got that 1" APC), and if I remember correctly, and alien warrior head that opened up into a playset and included a vehicle and/or some tiny figures (roughly 1/96 scale figs).

Like you, I was surprised that these weren't more popular, but I'm glad I got them when I did. Their Star Trek & Star Wars lines were pretty extensive. (I had actually designed a Space: 1999 line--a wish list of sorts--that I was hoping they might produce in 1999, but by then it seemed like Micro Machines were starting to decline, and not too many people outside of the S99 fanbase had even heard of the show. Never did contact them about it. Still, I'd love to have seen multiple sets of Alphan & alien spacecraft and even some figures.)

I never knew that they made a line of Alien/Aliens stuff in their Action Fleet range, though. Wow! I love the crushed alien warrior on the bottom of the APC, and Jones' cat carrier next to Ripley's hypersleep chamber in the Narcissus. Neat little touches, those!

Last edited:

thundergod

Alphans
The packaging also refers to a Predator ship as well , but I've never seen any evidence of it ever appearing .:think:

These are great shots - I've got these and never new of the flattened alien under the APC as new removed them from the box - I too never found a Predator ship but did get the micro machines set for that as well.

thundergod

Alphans
It was only recently that I plucked up the courage to take them out of the box , but I figured what's the point of cool toys if you can't have a play with them ! ( And they can be replaced easily enough .)

CR

Alphans
It was only recently that I plucked up the courage to take them out of the box , but I figured what's the point of cool toys if you can't have a play with them ! ( And they can be replaced easily enough .)

Same goes for model kits, which are, after all, meant to be built.