Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

MIG Flogger Andersonised (sort of)

healvis

Alphans
I bought a cheap MIG Flogger from the model shop, no box or instuctions. I liked the shape of the fuselage so I thought I would try and build something from it that looked "sort of" UFO/Scarlet inspired.

I liked the look of the rear of the plane, so I flipped it and decided to use that as the forward upper fuselage.

I chopped the canopy and stuck it on. This was quite delicate because the plastic here is very thin.

Loads of Revel Plasto.

I needed to pin the tail on so a little cutting and a brass pin was needed.
I cut the wings down and reversed them to give it the Anderson look and also left the gap under the tail to make it look a little unusual. I also dusted it with primer so I can see how the joints look.

I'll stick some engines on next. I'm only using the parts from the Flogger for the aircraft but I might use some extra bits for detailing.
Thanks.

Last edited:

LeeXi

Alphans
Nice work so far. How about B-58 (or similar) engine on top of that tail and some extra detailing on the fuselage?

Last edited:

LeeXi

Alphans

Hope you don't mind me having a mess with one of the posted images. I was curious what a curved leading edge of the wings would look like.

healvis

Alphans
First thing I thought when I saw it Tony was BSG.
I like the curved wing Lee but there's a big gap where it would go.

I put some engines on.

I'll take some photo's in daylight the flash washes out the panel lines.

Last edited:

Swine Flu

Alphans
I can see in the above photo it looks sort of SkyOne, I think on some versions of the kit it even has the same type of missile pods.
But people are right it also looks like a BSG Viper but I think if you painted it in a ZeroX or SPV blue & used some Anderson type number markings it's going to look very interesting

healvis

Alphans
Funny you should say that Swine Flu, I got some Tamiya X-13 metallic Blue last week which is a similar colour I think.

Swine Flu

Alphans
Yes, I think it's going to look really good. I like the side profile - Sky One,30 years on.
There's alot of U.F.O. in the design, infact am tempted to buy one myself & have a go, even model the submerine part