Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Milos Kirek?

johnnybear

Alphans
I've been checking every source of 99 I have and there is definitely no listing for actor Milos Kirek in Breakaway. Kirek played Jan,a brown sleeve talking to Alan Carter in the technical section when Commander Koenig arrives to speak with Carter about the Meta probe. He's not listed on Catacombs or on IMDB or even Robert Woods Alpha book in the uncredited cast section for the episode. Now I've seen Kirek in many other programmes so I know it's the same actor and as he speaks ("in about a week") why isn't he credited or at least get something in the uncredited section? If anybody else has seen this as well I'd like to hear your thoughts too...
JB:yes:

Stu73

Alphans
Kirek?? I thought that was when a certain starship captain lost his mind...

ooh, Fred Frieberger moment there. Sorry

CR

Alphans
Funny, I thought 'Kirock' the first time I read this thread title, too. Where's Miranamee?
Sorry, having an ST flashback there...

If the actor's identity is confirmed, I'm sure martin'll update the "Breakaway" info in The Catacombs straight away.

By the way, how'd you come up with the character's name being 'Jan'? I thought Carter addressed him as 'Young,' but I don't recall hearing a first name. Oh, wait, I think I just figured out the answer to my own question. You're hearing the name as 'Jan' (pronounced 'yahn', not 'jan' like the first part of 'January'), and I'm hearing it as 'Young' (pronounced 'yuhng').

johnnybear

Alphans
Funny, I thought 'Kirock' the first time I read this thread title, too. Where's Miranamee?
Sorry, having an ST flashback there...

If the actor's identity is confirmed, I'm sure martin'll update the "Breakaway" info in The Catacombs straight away.

By the way, how'd you come up with the character's name being 'Jan'? I thought Carter addressed him as 'Young,' but I don't recall hearing a first name. Oh, wait, I think I just figured out the answer to my own question. You're hearing the name as 'Jan' (pronounced 'yahn', not 'jan' like the first part of 'January'), and I'm hearing it as 'Young' (pronounced 'yuhng').

Yes it's Jan pronounced as Yahn. He appears with Nick Tate in Carter's first ever scene in technical. I've always wondered why Kirek was never credited but when you remember other actors like Rula Lenska,Lea Dreghorn etc. weren't credited either over the years but with the internet and Catacombs confirming uncredited actors on the show it seems strange that Kirek isn't credited anywhere not even in Robert Wood's book (I checked) I was watching an episode of Special Branch last night and Kirek was in it (credited too,believe it or not,Polonaise)and I remembered him being in Breakaway but not listed so thought I'd recheck and found to my horror(I'm kidding)that the poor old bloke doesn't receive any credit despite him being dead for nearly twenty years...

johnnybear

Alphans
Everybody seems to have forgotten about poor old Milos Kirek. It's definitely him and yet he's not credited anywhere!
JB