Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Mobile build-up.

chas b

Alphans
Just thought I'd share some pictures of a Mobile build I started about 5 years ago. The cab pictures show the cab as it stood about a year ago.
Those of you with long memories may recall some pictures I posted on the old SFMUK site,if anyone has them feel free to post them here as I can't find them.
I'm hoping to make some progress on this model soon.
This is my first attempt at inserting images so hope they come out OK.

JD

Alphans
To paraphrase Zaphod Beeblebrox, "Who! What! When! Where! And a big side order of WOW!!!"

chas b

Alphans
In answer to Captainplaid and anyone else that's interested here's a little info about the cab.
The main shape is a vacform done in 3.0mm styrene.Thank's to Nigel for doing this!It was formed over a shape that I made from resin block.
The 'brow' was carved from more resin block. The intake scoop on the roof is styrene heated and pulled around a wooden former.
Details are a mixture of genuine kit parts and castings if the kits are rare ones.
The main body is still being worked on,it's now on it's fifth ( I think! ) major revision.
I just want to thank friend and collaborator Darrell. Between us we must have spent hundreds of hours looking at kits to ID the correct parts.
The Mobile discussion here has been fantastic! You guy's ID'd stuff in a few weeks where it had taken us years. The Skycrane and Faller kits were unknown to us, if anyone casts some Faller parts I'd like some please!

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
If the rest of the model looks as good as this I look forward to seeing the finished product.

chas b

Alphans
Thought it was time I updated this thread. These pics show the model as it was last year.
Since then alterations have been made to the large intake vent above the cab and also the front headlight area.
Thanks are due to Darrell for encouragement and too many hours spent kit-spotting.Cheers mate!

Regards

Chas

JD

Alphans
Still a 'WOW!' :D

Since then alterations have been made to the large intake vent above the cab and also the front headlight area.

Sounds good! I'm guessing you've increased the radius of the top corners of the intake, and put a scallop in the area under the headlights?

I would maybe look at adjusting the radii of the body above the tracks. The originals look a little more 'organic', where you have them quite regular and 'idealised'.

Man, you've gotta be doing something right, though, because that last pic in particular just says 'Mobile'! :thumbup:

simmo

Alphans
Hi chas, she's coming on very nicely indeed, a few bits hopefully we can still work on. I will ring you tonight. cheers for now. darrell

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
I do like to see quality work - at this rate this model will get the award for best Mobile replica ever!

Great work!

:thumbup: Very impressed, Great workmanship, love the shado mobile. Cant wait to see it finished. I would love to make one myself, I have the Tiger Joe tracks and wheels but thats as far as ive got:D
www.destinymodels.co.uk

Last edited:

Graham N

Alphans
Chas,

Very nice job so far :thumbup:

Did you cast the hull yourself?

Look forward to seeing the finished work.

All the best,

Graham

Guest01

Alphans
by chance has anyone any spare tank tracks that go into the little vents L an R of the cabin? i think they are tank tracks???

oh ,sorry forgot to say "very nice work indeed by the way" lol