Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Mole

fab1

Alphans
Hi

Im putting the missing bits back on a Martin Bower Mole, made back in the early
nineties for the Thunderbird magazines. The model has lost parts from the
front of the 'Vickers' tractor section and I am trying to indentify them. Has anybody produced a plan of the kit parts for this vehicle?

I would like to say a big thankyou to Mike and Jim who have helped with tracks and handles.

Graham :thumbup:

paul gray

Forum Supporter
when i made mine i used bits from the girder bridge kit, aurora hustler kit(as seen in the helijet thread) and for the big "round bits" i used the wheels from a tank also used on the rear of the spv( not sure if these were what was used but the size is right). hope this helps
cheers Paul

fab1

Alphans
Nice build but doesnt give parts in enough detail, not sure if the magazine does this?

What I wanted was a pic of the mole with the kit parts pointed too. The area I am looking at is the front of the tractor.

Very grateful for any help

G

Dave

Alphans
Just took a quick snap, sorry about the quality. Does this help?

Guest01

Alphans
Hi Dave have you any more close ups of the mole please? ive been at mine ages and need inspiration to get her done lo thx mate

Mike Delamar

Alphans
dya know, Ive got nearly all the kit bits to do a mole , but just dont fancy doing it, dont know why, theres more favourites to do first.
maybe one day when Ive got the ones Im doing finished,although I wish now I got hold of one of those restaurant kits at the time, they all seem to be sold out now

I think its the vickers vigor tracks and that drill bit thats put me off.

that may change if I ever see someones replica in the flesh ;)

anyway heres a shot, always try and use shots of the studio model.

I think its all been pointed out in Daves shot, Im not sure what the mystery bits tube are.

heres some pics of the victory vickers, one thing a replica should have is a cut out line along the centre, it does appear blue in cry wolf too.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
theyres plenty of screengrabs here of the mole, but one more cant hurt. nice side on shot.

so is everything identified on this now? even all the decals? or are there still some mystery parts?

Mike

CaptanApollo

Alphans
The mystery tube is the hinge to pivet the launch cradle .It is partially hidden by the B58 part .ie the flat plate The hinge is attached to what looks like a block of wood attached to the top edge of the vickers ,sawn of base. Im not sure but i think the bottom of the craddle is made from 2 airfix bridge plates, Doubled up. One side of the hinge is held between these plates There are some shots of my mole in the thread, Mole from Aus.

fab1

Alphans
This is the Martin Bower Mole from the front showing missing bits

I know it doesnt have the split at the front but it is an early model and I think
has been a reference for later builds. I know bits are not all correct but I just want to put it back to its original build condition.

Graham

fab1

Alphans
Mr Mole from side with missing hazard warning?

[/IMG]

I think it looks good :yes: and yes I know the tracks are wrong but working on that. Seems the originals have been removed, maybe damaged? :cry:

Graham

fab1

Alphans
Added missing bits and doesnt it make a difference, thankyou Mike. I havent blended them in yet!

Graham

Mike Delamar

Alphans
looks very good, as you say just wants those bits replacing.

I can send you the missing piece from the left, the rectangular b-58 bit

and Paul gray did some very nice castings of the b-58 parts that are used as the headlights, I can send you them too if you want to replace yours as it doesnt look like the aurora ones have been used on yours.

does anyone know what the dish part they sit on is?

Ive only got a few of the s bend pieces, and need to hang on to them, if anyone else has them spare, they may be able to help

thats all it needs I think.

MIke

fab1

Alphans
Mike

I would appreciate the square part, that would be fab! What are those parts
that are at the base of the girder that have two holes in, are they the s parts you refer to?

I think I will keep the original cameras at the front (if thats what they are) as its all part of the original build and matches pics I have from the 1990's.

:thumbup:

Graham

DX-SFX

Alphans
The tubey bit marked with a question mark in the photo isn't a kit part but the brass hinge that allows it to tip up. Dave's got his hinge a little too far back and effectively created a second dummy hinge. It's stuck to the underside of the waffle pattern Airfix girder bridge base that spaces apart the girderwork sides. Only then should the additional bridge bases be added inside to brace the girderwork sides.

Last edited:

fab1

Alphans
Please could somebody tell me please what is missing from the side of the second porthole on the right of the drill section?

Graham