Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Moon Mobile build in scale with other UfO hardware

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Finally back on line , turns out i had to change server to Firefox , to be able to get to the website.

Lots of stuff to get though, but here is the in scale Moon mobile ive started on in scale with the rest of the UFO hardware ive built.

Ive taken lots of photos on my phone , but there are a few that i had taken before i couldnt get onto the website , so i'll run from where i am now .
Apart from the Hemishere's being moulded the rest is off cuts of mdf board , as this is just the pattern being built .

Other news
Intercepter side leg struts are finished , apart from the small link arms , the front leg strut is well on its way photos soon , on Intercepter project

enjoy
Best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys
Here's this wks work on the Moon mobile
Next job is some sanding , and in some area's 0.5 plastic card lining,
before adding panel work etc,ready for moulding
enjoy
best
Pete

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 30

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys

Well the Moon mobile is really starting to look the part now , since the last update i've added the search light inserts , lined with thin plastic card the lower box sections, lots of sanding and refilling ,and still loads of sanding left on the corridor sections before i can move on to adding detail panels and trim.

The weather as normal has been rubbish. It really has slowed the progress on the sanding , and getting some primmer on the model. Im just waiting on a really nice day to take some photo's of all the UFO hardware together. That way you will be able to see how they all compare in scale with each other .

More soon
best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 20
Pete - that's looking really good. I always thought the Moon Mobile (and the earlier Moon Hopper from Captain Scarlet) was an attractive design and wished that someone would release a model of it. I look forward to seeing progress.

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Cheers for the great comments.

As you can see ive finished lining the MDF parts in wafer thin plastic card this is just to help in the moulding , there of course will be some clean up work in the casting .

Ive also added plastic card panel detail just because the model is larger and makes it a little more intresting.

Any little gaps have been filled in white polly filler , and you cant really notice it , but ive framed the windows .

Next job is some light sanding work , then build the rear exhaust section and the top middle pipe section kit detail .
more soon
best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 19

dwomby

Forum Supporter
Some great work going on here. This was always a design (and the earlier Captain Scarlet version) that I thought looked so cool.

David

Captainplaid

Alphans
Hi Pete,
Wow what an awesome job on the studio scale Moon Mobile build. We have all seen those original studio model views and like you/ me collect the kit parts for that someday plan hope to build. But you never really wrap your head around to it's actual scale / size, till you see your build Pete next to things we all know like and ironing board wowww amazing. I am soo looking forward to seeing this cool design come together well done awesome work.
Best from Michael.

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Well what can i say its summer , that's how hot it is over here .

Thanks for all the great feed back .

Here's the latest batch of photo's as you can see i've attached the underside piece's apart from one as this will be cast seperate , also the chin piece and just started to fill anys gaps .

The little segments either side of the chin just need the lower domes added now then i can carry on with the rest of the patterns .

more soon
best
Pete

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 21

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Managed to pattern the jets thrust housing cowlings today the central piece gets moulded in with the main body, the outer segments will be moulded seperate and cast in fast cast resin, these segments can then just be glued straight into place on the main body castings.

The model is really coming along now , next job pattern the top section kit bashed detail , what ever that was i dont know , l'll just follow my drawings .

more soon
Best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 18

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Thanks for all your great comments

I've got loads to post up.
My computer has has been in the repair shop for 2 wks
Basically it wouldn't boot up

As soon as it's back I'll post all the updates

Best pete

badsimmonds

Alphans
Impressive build, I'd like one myself but I think all those angles would just confuse me.
Look forward to further updates.

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys

It's been ages since I last updated this thread, I've taken some up-to-date photos that I will post up really soon.

Best
Pete

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys

Here's up to date photos's of the Moon Mobile

As you can see loads of work has gone into this build, a complete interior cockpit, metal leg struts , working lights etc.

This model has to be one the hardest ive ever had to build , so sit back and enjoy
more soon
best
Pete

also check out Eds car update

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 013.jpg