Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

'Moon'

Bishop

Alphans
Looks amazing. I didn't actually read the fine print. There seem to be a number of productions on the bench as it were. The moon stuff is excellent

DX-SFX

Alphans
I agree about the clean "Alien" look. The style is indistinguishable. Designs aside, the model FX should be good with Peter Talbot shooting them. BTW the director of the film is David Bowie's son.

Its good to see model work like this regardless of design. The lighting shots on the moon look far more real than any CGI, so I have to say thats pleasing . If alot of it does look vaguelly Syd Mead or Ron Cobb in design , I'm not going to complain because it feels like they understand convincing sci-fi hardware. I'll save the bulk of my moaning until after I read the storyline.

Fun Pod

Alphans
Don't get JD started on multi-wheeled vehicles: it's 2008 and I've j-u-s-t got him to stop blathering about the Overlander from Terrahawks, then this comes along! :roll:. I dig the multi-axle steering on the rovers.

Must say, story-line unknown, this production looks very good - 'bout time a Moon-based production came along. :yes:

skiffy

Alphans
It does seem a bit 'by the numbers' sci-fi fare doesn't it? I too will wait to see what the story's like. I remember drooling all over designs for the Final Fantasy film 'Spirits Within' and then finding the actual thing pretty underwhelming...

DX-SFX

Alphans
The only annoying thing about this so far is I roughed out a loose story based on the harvesting of Helium 3 for a possible film pitch. Although that's where the similarities probably end, I've now got to come up with another reason for there being a base on the Moon and some of the action.

skiffy

Alphans
The only annoying thing about this so far is I roughed out a loose story based on the harvesting of Helium 3 for a possible film pitch.

That's a bummer. That used to happen to us in animation all the time. We had a manager who'd shoot down any idea that was remotely like anything else out there... Either that, or I'd come up with a concept and then be shown something very similar from the 'spec script' files...

Very frustrating, still - it shows that you're 'tapping the right vein' anyway.

Fun Pod

Alphans
Looks amazing. I didn't actually read the fine print.

Hmm, maybe you should have: you know you're off to a bad start when the top-dollar production designer of your big budget space production uses a dime store spellchecker for the signage ...

:read:

lunadude

Alphans
Yep, good thing I harvested early. Even the Thinktank Studios site is offline.

Btw, I did run across the poster, but I can't find the link. (found it)

Last edited:

lunadude

Alphans
Clips

I number of sites are posting clips from Moon. There is some spoilers in the clips, so take heed.

One set is at io9.com.

It is looking pretty good. :thumbup:

DX-SFX

Alphans
FX wise it should be very promising as they're using models and traditional Space:1999 style techniques. Peter Talbot shot the miniatures and he's one of the best in the business.