Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My 1/350 TOS Enterprise build

BEATLEPAUL

Alphans
My 1/350 Original series Enterprise build. I wanted to capture the look of the actual miniature as seen in the classic episodes so using my vast reference library collected over the years, I painted the model a select group of custom mixed paints, Air Brushed. I also adjusted the lighting as it was way to bright to reflect correct scale. The images were done with the goal of having a 3D Effect and recreating the not perfect look of the effect shots used in the series. Also careful external lighting was used to have the Model be an actual part of the background and not look like it was just cropped in the final shot. The only "enhancements" are the star field background,Phaser fire and some grain added to the final picture to, as mentioned, capture the feel of the original special effects.

And a You Tube Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AogW3pHg3gA

Last edited:

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
That is an absolute beauty BeatlePaul. How much did the lighting kit cost btw ? I heard it's more expensive than the actual model ?

BEATLEPAUL

Alphans
Again, Many Thanks!

Here are several pics of the model without the "enhancements" (Star field, Tholian web, Phasers)Against the black background I photographed it in front of...

BEATLEPAUL

Alphans
Many sincere and humble thanks guys. I appreciate your kind words and the time you guys take to respond to my work.

Thank You.

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Could you share what paints you used Paul, and also how much have these images been colour corrected to look like the TV shots ? Thanks

BEATLEPAUL

Alphans
Could you share what paints you used Paul, and also how much have these images been colour corrected to look like the TV shots ? Thanks

Hey there!

I did this build in between projects and "on the fly" as it were. I mixed Tamiya paints based on my needs sprayed through an Air Brush. I didn't write the formula down(a bad habit of mine) and I am working on another(not for me) with the detailed shuttle bay and bridge and did the same thing...