Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My 44" (Lee Malone) Cargo pod

Here's the latest from Rogue Studio. Contact Lee for price and availability.
roguestudioproductions@gmail.com

From what I've been hearing, Nuke drums and Freight pods are just some of the things on the way.

The Cargo Pod is a pretty easy build. It also came with 4 beautifully shined up thrusters. I've had it together (without glue) a few times already :D

Of course, I'm going to add a few personal touches to it.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
The Sum of Its Parts...

Even in pieces, it looks impressive, doesn't it!

Here's the latest from Rogue Studio. Contact Lee for price and availability.
roguestudioproductions@gmail.com

From what I've been hearing, Nuke drums and Freight pods are just some of the things on the way.

The Cargo Pod is a pretty easy build. It also came with 4 beautifully shined up thrusters. I've had it together (without glue) a few times already :D

Of course, I'm going to add a few personal touches to it.

Yes, it's a very nice kit.

Today, I put on the 4 sides of the flatbed together. I puttied up the seams in the corner
so letting that dry before I sand. It looks very much like the PE flatbed.....just much BIGGER:D

Maybe at a future date I might redo the pipes with brass but Lee made these strong by adding thick metal inside of them. (circled in red in the pic)

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/richardlamer/metalwire_zps71b97eba.jpg

The last pic shows the 3 different types of thruster (I have). The thruster that come with this kit are on the far right, the shiny ones :) It's nice that this kit includes everything to complete the build and you don't need to buy anything else for it.

From L to R, Lee (resin alum infused), Mike Reader Alum, Lee Malone Alum (that comes with the Cargo Pod kit).

I was debating between using a light coat of grey paint
or black power and I went with brushing on the black powder.

I'm not sure I like the result with the black powder. I stopped and will look at it again in the morning.:no:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Powder-ful...

:2c:

The powder brings out a nice sense of depth; more agreeable to the eye, I think. Like the irregular quality of it...

:2c:

The powder brings out a nice sense of depth; more agreeable to the eye, I think. Like the irregular quality of it...

Spent the day looking at it and debating :think: and finally decided to scrub and wash away the powder. I find the Cargo Pod is too nice and the powder makes it look dirty.

I like the way Keith Feucht did a Cargo/Freight Pod and only used very little grey detailing.

http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/models/eagle/cargo/w2mecargo44.html

Going to let it dry overnight, spray paint it white again and start over:rant:

I installed 3 windows into the house. Between summer house work and rain, I'm squeezing in some model time :)

As mentioned in previous post, I didn't like the black dry powder. I did a very light coat of Model Master Light Ghost Gray (4762) and I like the result.

I just noticed the tape removed some of the decals I had on the side....

Go with your revised paint scheme....

....Because more often than not, less is more. Great work Richard - for those us who intend to follow in your footsteps, your photographs and close-ups are invaluable. What a fine job you're doing - let's see more please!

Kindest regards,

Patrick

The Lee Malone/Rogue Studio Cargo pod is nearly done and all that's left to finish (again) are the landing pads.

I first spray painted them alum and then I tried a dark wash over them but it just made each pad look to different so I'm going to repaint them alum and then a very light coat of dark grey (or something) on top.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/richardlamer/ad1_zpsf0d51249.jpg

You can see the screws I placed on the bottom to look like the original.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/richardlamer/ad2_zpsd6b1bd19.jpg

The Maltese cross was a painted a very dark red. I'll be putting a final coat of clear later

Great, just great.....

Such a lovely looking piece of work, this will look fantastic when in active service on your Eagle.

Kindest regards

Patrick

Such a lovely looking piece of work, this will look fantastic when in active service on your Eagle.

Kindest regards

Patrick
Yes, I really like the Cargo Pod and it was an easy build to do. Very nice cast and just a few pieces which all fit together really well. The only thing I did different was add brass screws on the bottom to look like the original. Very light grey shading in the painting.

The other change I did was add coat hanger pieces to provide more strength in the side tubing bottoms and in this pic the top of the landing gear legs. The extending hanger piece here is about 1/8 of an inch as I didn't want it to go through the flatbed.

I was going to change my flat head bolts for some nice brass hex heads but the ones I bought were 12mm....too short. So, those will be changed when I can find these in longer length.

Added decals and 3 or 4 coats of Micro Satin. For now, I'm happy with the landing gear painted alum.

I'm considering the Cargo Pod completed and moving on to another Passenger Pod and some of my 44 build.

Here it is:

Great news.

I just heard last night that the Nuclear Waste Barrels are available and they came out REALLY NICE. Woot, I can't wait.
As soon as the pics come out and I learn more, I'll post it here.

Also, as soon as I can get a kit - I'll continue with the build under this Cargo Pod thread.

Dimensions, dimensions, dimensions.....

Hi Richard, you're a well-informed gentleman, so could I trouble you for a couple of measurements please? Inspired by your own wonderful Nuclear Waste Cargo Pallet Pod, I'm starting to gather information for my own once The Big Girl is completed. On the Cargo Pod, there are two different diameters of tubular struts. My guess is that the diameter of the thicker of the two is around 9mm, with the thinner of the two being around 6mm. Any information you can offer will be much appreciated,

Kindest regards

Patrick