Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My 44" (Lee Malone Eagle) build

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Great Shot...

...of a very necessary element (!), getting its very just due! As always, wonderful detail...

:yes:

A bit of sun today prompt me to get some painting done. Now I have 2 white Passenger Pods:thumbup:.

I also complete painting one of the 3 Passenger Pod floors.

I'll do the grey shades later on.

Hit the floor.....

As someone who's still got the entire pod to build, your beautifully shot baseplate arrives right on cue along with Julian's 44" pod thread. Your photos, and those of other ETF members, are truly invaluable to the rest of us. Keep up the great work, and we look forward to more pictures when you get a chance. Amazing how the sunny weather makes us all feel a bit better about what we're doing.

Kindest regards

Patrick

Thanks Patrick,

Last night I started putting lines on one PP and I hope to begin with the light grey paint soon. I'm getting about 1 sunny day out of 7 :no: Can't wait for better weather.

If you have a Lee or a Robert Burns CM you may want to consider some internal support especially in the area just above the center square door. It seems to be the favoured area to grab the PP and a weak point that will droop over time if not supported.

The PP is fairly simple to put together but there's a few things I did:
- removed the existing windows and inserted new frames to accommodate black acrylic windows
- added 4 wood block inside in order to screw on the bottom and have it removable
- modified the resin landing gear to have extending/retracting landing gear.
- oh, added a door handle :p

Odahs

Alphans
Finally got the time today to take a proper look at this thread, having known about it for a while.

Lovely crisp work Richard, that last shot bodes well for the things to come.

It's been awhile since my last post largely due to the weather and my airbrush which
I had to order a new one as the last paint I used gummed it up pretty good. I should receive that next week and do the finer painting.

Today was the perfect day...above 30, so I'm using a rattlecan for the main parts. Most of the first Eagle is now painted white and here are the parts for my second Eagle.

As you can see, I tried to help my wife with hanging stuff on the clothesline.

I don't have a pic but I also cut out the brass angles for cage/spine.

One I get my new airbrush you see more of the Red Rescue Pod and the VIP pod.

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
That is the most beautiful laundry I have ever seen! And you shop at the name brand stores too! :mrgreen:

Well, I did some more laundry tonight.:D

There's always a bit being done in the background even though you don't
always see it posted here.

The weather was decent enough tonight to get some more painting done.

It's a good thing I built my Engine to be able to be dismantled. I Had to take the Engine section apart to paint the Engine Frame and some of the internal tubing. The Engine section has to be the most tedious to put together with all those pipes, tanks and bottles:wtf:

I'm glad I used coat hangar wire to pin them together.:thumbup:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Swaying In The Breeze...

That's quite some set of outdoor wind-chimes you've got there... :sneaky:

It's been awhile since my last post largely due to the weather and my airbrush which
I had to order a new one as the last paint I used gummed it up pretty good. I should receive that next week and do the finer painting.

Today was the perfect day...above 30, so I'm using a rattlecan for the main parts. Most of the first Eagle is now painted white and here are the parts for my second Eagle.

As you can see, I tried to help my wife with hanging stuff on the clothesline.

I don't have a pic but I also cut out the brass angles for cage/spine.

One I get my new airbrush you see more of the Red Rescue Pod and the VIP pod.

'Course you'll make it, Mr Lamer!

You will get there, Richard, you will get there. Noted your comment about the engine section and how repetitive it all is: what I've noticed is that I've enjoyed the parts of the project where there's only one of something - when everything is multiplied by four, that's when it can get a bit frustrating. Perversely, I'm now working on the pod which, for reasons known only to myself, has severely slowed down my progress.

Keep going, Mr L.....we're all rooting for you.

Kindest regards

Patrick

crowe-t

Alphans
Beautiful build Richard! :thumbup: I really like your paint work, it's clean and precise.

BTW, what brand/colors of paint are you using?

Mike.

Beautiful build Richard! :thumbup: I really like your paint work, it's clean and precise.

BTW, what brand/colors of paint are you using?

Mike.

For years, the color of the Eagle was debated and believed to be Ford Diamond White. According to Martin Bower, it was a regular bright white primer .

The majority of the color I used is Plastikote WHITE Premium Primer T-38 although you probably can use any white really. Same goes for the black (for the outside windshield anti glare, sides of the LPs and engine baffles) .

For the detailing, I use a very light grey, a medium grey and a very light blue - from Model Master.

crowe-t

Alphans
I agree, Richard, I like the orange too! You did a terrific job!:thumbup:

BTW, what paint did you use for the orange?

Mike.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
That Eagle "cut the mustard" for Alan too, when that moment came! :D

:think: I was going to ask whether that is indeed the color, after paint had dried...

The pod itself looks very sharp! Decals/details coming up?

Today I finished my Cargo Pod and went to work on the VIP Eagle.

Here's one side of the VIP Eagle done. I hope Commissioner Simmonds likes it! There's some touch ups I noticed after removing the tape.

I REALLY like the orange; it's deep and bold even if it doesn't match the PE12 Eagle exactly.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/richardlamer/vip1_zps397d936d.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/richardlamer/vip2_zpsc85422c4.jpg

No one knows for sure the exact orange just as no one knows for sure just how much of the pod was painted. It's very hard to discern from the few milliseconds that we see it on screen....and as far as I know, I've never seen a pic of it.

I went with the same color scheme as the PE Eagle as I think a completely orange pod would be WAY to much.

The paint wasn't totally dry when I took the pic but I don't think it will make much difference wet/dry, it's look orange...more like the HAWK orange.

It took a bit of time to tape around the door and only painted one side. I'll be adding the moonbase logo after I touch up the paint but I'm not sure if I'll add any other details on the VIP.

The standard pod will have more details. As for the Rescue pod....I've tried one of the red paints but wasn't happy with it so I'll have to test other red paints before I begin painting the Rescue Pod.