Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My 44" (Lee Malone) Nuclear Waste Containers

I could've and would've built these myself...but I got so much on my list to do I'm just grateful there's still a few sellers out there making things for the 44.

This is the latest offering by Lee/George. Contact them thru facebook or email if interested.

These are quite simple, paint white/grey and slap on a decal on. :thumbup:
Oh, and paint the black lines:yes:
I'm going to add 2mm bottom plate I think but it's not really necessary.

These are thick resin. Shouldn't be any radiation or magnetic radiation leakage with these :p

Radiating good cheer.....

....with more great photographs Richard. For those of us with aspirations to add a cargo pallet and waste containers to our 44" Eagles, these are really useful. I like the way you've shown them in relation to the cargo pallet. They look like they're really top quality moulds as well so, in the hands of a real expert, they will only enhance your own Eagle even more.

Keep posting!

Kindest regards

Patrick

Beautiful day here. Lots of colours on the trees.

I gave the Nuclear Waste Barrels a quick sand and coat of primer. Maybe later on today or tomorrow I'll spray them white. I won't be using rattle cans for the white as I don't think I can get into the top rings very well with the rattle cans so I'll have to air brush the white on.

I don't think I'll attempt to spray the 2 black rings as it would be a lot of work to properly mask. I'll probably use a black tape for that.

Before I set off and begin Sunday chores, I managed to put my first coat or two of white.

That took the last of the white paint I had. Off I go :)

Had to stay home today :clap:

I found some decals that were about the correct size as the rim. Putting on long, thin decals is not fun at all...lol. Add to that, the lengths of the decals weren't long enough and I had to add another piece to it.

I'll let them dry overnight and do a few clear coats over them tomorrow.
I'll see how they hold up and if decals don't work, I'll go back to painting. Painting may last much longer. We'll see how they work out.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
ADD: Autumn Leaves...

Right idea, albeit attached to wrong pics - and I still love those leaf-colors! ;)

Beautiful day here. Lots of colours on the trees.

I gave the Nuclear Waste Barrels a quick sand and coat of primer. Maybe later on today or tomorrow I'll spray them white. I won't be using rattle cans for the white as I don't think I can get into the top rings very well with the rattle cans so I'll have to air brush the white on.

I don't think I'll attempt to spray the 2 black rings as it would be a lot of work to properly mask. I'll probably use a black tape for that.

Autumnal glory.....

.....almost prettier than summer with all those hues of red, orange and brown. Anyway, great paint and decal job so far Richard - those waste containers look mighty heavy and, well, hazardous to me.

Kindest regards

Patrick