Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My Hasbro Falcon

badsimmonds

Alphans
Well here are the finished photos as promised, unfortunately they were just taken on my drive so no fancy backgrounds like some models are shown against, though it would be nice to add some sort of star background.

This project was always going to be a quick conversion and not an entirely accurate version of the ship we all love. For all its faults I have to admit it turned out better than I imagined. Its not studio scale but it is 28" long and that alone makes it look better.
Its fitted onto a metal pole which slots into an mdf base and sits at an angle.
Thanks for those who looked in.

all the best
Malcolm

Attachments

• DSCN5845.jpg
    DSCN5845.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN5847.jpg
    DSCN5847.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN5849.jpg
    DSCN5849.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN5852.jpg
    DSCN5852.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 10

badsimmonds

Alphans
Here's some more.

Attachments

• DSCN5854.jpg
    DSCN5854.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN5855.jpg
    DSCN5855.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN5856.jpg
    DSCN5856.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN5858.JPG
    DSCN5858.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 31
Falcon Quest......

Well done Malcolm - thanks for the insight into the hurdles presented by the type of plastic used for construction, and how you overcame them. The very fact that you ended up with such a great looking Falcon for, frankly, not a lot of money says a lot about your modelling skills. The use of the ladders for the engine is inspired.

Particularly like the second and third pictures in the second batch - the "head on" shot looks tremendous. Congratulations again on a great conversion,

Kindest regards

Patrick

"Go strap yourselves in - I'm going to make the jump to light speed!"

badsimmonds

Alphans
Hi Patrick
You are far too kind. This is the first non Anderson project I've attempted for many years and I think the next one will also be from a non Anderson prgramme.
I learnt some things my self concerning this plastic which I wish I could have utilised when working on the Jason Smith truck.
I'm currently completely stripping out the living room as the other half decided she wanted something different ( I suggested wallpaper with circles on it but that didn't go down too well) once thats finished its of to Cardiff for the Dr Who Experience yet again.
Hopefully when all this is done I can get down to modelling again, I have a couple of projects that I might do but going by past experience I'll probably change my mind at the last minute.