Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My Meta Probe inspired Truespace model

Paul Lloyd

Alphans
I thought I'd try to make something that looked as if it would fit in to the Space: 1999 universe. This is what I came up with. It's a British built, NERVA powered asteroid probe, launched in the late 1980s.

(I know at least one other forum member visits Renderosity, so some of you might have seen it there, already.)

Tim Smith

Alphans
Very Nice!! Glad to see someone's using that NERVA engine. I've walked passed the prototype on display a number of times.

Steve Gerard

Alphans
Paul Lloyd, excellent probe ship with star field and the Moon.:thumbup: Since it is your creation and belongs in the SPACE:1999 universe, what would you name your Probe ship? There was the ULTRA PROBE, META PROBE, VOYAGER 1, SUPER SWIFT, SWIFT STAR MISSION...so what will your ship be called?:think:

saturnapollo

Alphans
That's a superb design and amazing artwork. A nice change too from the usual Eagle type CM, but still in keeping with the 1999 look.

Well done!

Keith

Paul Lloyd

Alphans
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Steve - I've been thinking of calling it the "Near Earth Object" Probe - the NEO Probe. That sounds similar to the "Ultra" and "Meta" Probes, but also sound less ambitious (because it's a British spacecraft, after all, and I suspect that even in the Space: 1999 universe the UK is still the UK.).

Steve Gerard

Alphans
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Steve - I've been thinking of calling it the "Near Earth Object" Probe - the NEO Probe. That sounds similar to the "Ultra" and "Meta" Probes, but also sound less ambitious (because it's a British spacecraft, after all, and I suspect that even in the Space: 1999 universe the UK is still the UK.).

NEO PROBE sounds good.:think:

Senmut

Alphans
WOW!!!! Totally cool!

One suggestion, since I lack your skill... The crater below could be Plato, as a tip to Alpha. Maybe the Centauri Space Dock in the distance behind?
Never mind me. Just polyestergathering.