Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My Retro Moon Buggy

badsimmonds

Alphans
Over summer I've been busy house decorating but thankfully its finished for now. During this period I was thinking what my next model project would be and as usual I kept changing my mind every five minutes. Anyway for the past few days I kept passing a charity shop that was selling the elevator from the Dr Who episode 'The Satan Pit' and I kept thinking that it could be made into something. I succumbed and bought the thing for £2 and came to the conclusion it might be turned into a retro surface buggy of sorts. As usual I'm extremely short of the readies thanks to my car so this project will have to be really cheap. I have to admit I'm not very good at original designs so I'll be borrowing form various sources.
I will use some of my old Meccanno set for the basic chassis as it looks girder'ish. I will cover up some of the obvious meccanno look as I go on but as I'm totally making this up its not's the best way to build something though the meccanno is easy to assemble and take apart which I did umpteen times.
I like the colour and details on the elevator so I will not touch it at all. For the front control area I used one of my spare Dalek acrylic spheres which will be bolted on the front. I was going to use an old ball cock but I hate the plastic plus it would be difficult to create windows. At the moment I'm trying to decided balloon tyres or tracks mmm!

Attachments

• DSCF5100.JPG
    DSCF5100.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5101.JPG
    DSCF5101.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF5102.JPG
    DSCF5102.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF5105.JPG
    DSCF5105.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 57

badsimmonds

Alphans
I'm afraid to say that I've decided to scrap this model as truth be told I hated it plus as I've said before I'm useless at building original things. I just couldn't get any interest in it and when that happens I prefer to move onto something else.
Thanks to those who had a quick peek, see you soon.
Malcolm