Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

My Skydiver drawings

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Skydiver composite

Hello, guys!
One of my all time favorite Meddings designs is that of Skydiver. Because the FX models varied in markings and some details, I created this composite, choosing details from both models. My drawing is based from Jonathan E's terrific color schematic. My sources for research was Capt. Sci-Fi's reference photos of Skydiver and photos posted on UFOseries.com. Enjoy.
Jon

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final.jpg
    gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Someone asked for a higher res profile. Here it is. Sorry, its due to file size upload limitations.

Attachments

• Skydiver profile.jpg
    Skydiver profile.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Thank you. I cannot take full credit. Jonathan created the original schematic, I just continued on from there. Here is the starboard profile.

Attachments

• Skydiver profile 2.jpg
    Skydiver profile 2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 41

Jonathan E

Alphans
Love all the extra detailing and I don't know how I missed the silver grey panels behind Sky 1's cannon. I will be revising my drawings to include your contributions. Many thanks and well done.

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Because the original models have so much detail, I realized that I missed a lot of them. I am posting the updated profiles only. Jonathan E, you don't have an easy hobby.

Attachments

• Skydiver starboard profile copy.jpg
    Skydiver starboard profile copy.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Skydiver port profile copy.jpg
    Skydiver port profile copy.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Jonathan E

Alphans
I don;t think any of us who admire Gerry Anderson's work have an easy hobby. But then again doing something worthwhile should not be too easy.
The guys at APF and Century 21 certainly set the bar high, i struggle in two dimensions. I don't know how the guys who build the wonderful replicas do it. :thumbup:

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Yep, my mistake in looking at more photos of the filming miniatures. I had to make more corrections. Here are some samples. Enjoy!

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_1 copy.jpg
    gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_1 copy.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 18
  • gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_2 copy.jpg
    gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_2 copy.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Corrected and added more fine details. Sorry for the low resolution. Had to keep it within file size limits. All based on Jonathan E's original.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final copy copy.jpg
    gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final copy copy.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Thank you! Jonathan E did all the hard work, I just tweaked it. Anyway, I had to make more alterations. This is it (I know I said this before). I love this new forum format, can upload more detailed files. Enjoy.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final copy copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
Thank you! Jonathan E did all the hard work, I just tweaked it. Anyway, I had to make more alterations. This is it (I know I said this before). I love this new forum format, can upload more detailed files. Enjoy.
Looks great mate, and happy you are liking the new forum format

Chris

Sky1Driver

Alphans
Trying to create the most accurate color drawings of one of my favorite UFO craft (the next fave is the Space Interceptor) has been akin to building a model kit. You do the research and build it, and then find new sources of info and end up building another one that is more accurate. This is the case here.

Sky 1 is based on the large standalone filming miniature. Diver 1 is based on the small and large filming miniature. It is a pity no photos exist of the large models. The original drawings were done by Jonathan E.

Attachments

• gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final copy.png
    gerry_andersons_ufo_skydiver_alternate_simplified Final copy.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7