Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Need hi-res pics of Allpha

mclank

Alphans
If you have a capture program (like FastStone capture) you can grab the images you listed even though you can't right-click them. If you have any trouble let me know and I can send you plenty of alpha images.

martin

Alphans
I can't save the Catacombs ones'

To open/ save pictures in the catacombs:

• In Firefox, click on the picture and drag it to the address bar OR middle click (click the scroll wheel).
  • In Internet Explorer 7, click on the picture and drag to the tab (or the bottom of the IE window).
  • In Safari, click on the picture and drag it to the address bar (same as Firefox).

w8cmp

Alphans
Talking of Alpha, I'm just starting to paint Jim's excellent resin cast of the base.

Does anyone have information on the actual building colour. In the photos I have from the web over the years, I still can't decide whether they should we a slightly weathered white or a very light grey.

Can anyone say definitively what colour Alpha should be ? Any tips would be appreciated...

Also does anyone have any good tips for painting a convincing Moonscape. I have grey primered the entire base so far and am looking to build on this to bring out the detail and give depth.

saturnapollo

Alphans
Chris

I'll dig out photos I took of a couple of the buildings which were on display in Edinburgh at the Gerry Anderson exhibition in1986. From memory I think they were very dirtied down white.

Keith

DX-SFX

Alphans
All of Alpha is white apart from the tops of the launch pads. The grey appearance of the whole base in the programme is due mostly to the fact they rephotographed large black and white photographic prints. To keep the blacks dense, they slightly underexpose which means the white tones start moving into grey. Large close up sections of various buildings are also white (appears to be simply white primer) but in a lot of cases it's sprayed over a grey primer base. In addition some fairly crude weathering is also done by quick sprays of grey primer up against the edge of a cardboard mask further killing off some of the brightness. However, for your Alpha model, a very slightly yellowey/grey white primer would be perfect (think matt FDW). The surrounding lunar landscape should be a very light grey.

Here's the link to the relevant Catacombs section:

http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/models/wrefma.html

DX-SFX

Alphans
Glad to be of service. :)

Another background shot:

Hawk

Alphans
I think the best resource for this is the episode "The Last Sunset" which I watched yesterday. In this episode Alpha is photographed in sunlight instead of the darkness of space and you get a very good view not only of the color of the buildings but texture details as well.

Alpha149

Forum Supporter
If you have a capture program (like FastStone capture) you can grab the images you listed even though you can't right-click them. If you have any trouble let me know and I can send you plenty of alpha images.

Hey great!!
Sorry I've been away for a few days. Any close detail pictures would be great. I'm getting ready to model this in cgi, as well as Jim Small's kit that I picked up. Dor the cgi version I was hoping to get as many close up shots of the base itself for the detailing I plan on doing.

Thanks again,

Evan
evan.wharram[at]gmail[dot]com