Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

new eagle kit from round 2

TVC21

Alphans
That`s a completely new kit, not the old Airfix/MPC retooled. The print also says its 1/72 which should mean is about 18"????

fredlight

Alphans
This is like heaven.. :) I wish I had a museum and a enough money to buy all of those beauties and put them there for all to enjoy!

Now need to ask my gf to get my tongue off of the floor...:D

yorkie

Alphans
Wow, this is awesome news. Fans wishes finally coming true. :D

Any news on Round 2's hunt for the Hawk moulds? They said they were hoping to announce something at Wonderfest.

Scorpio46

Alphans
That`s a completely new kit, not the old Airfix/MPC retooled. The print also says its 1/72 which should mean is about 18"????

Sorry it appears to be the Airfix kit with the addition of Small Art Works resin lab pod and spine boosters. An ingenious if unsatisfactory way for Round 2 to maximise it's use of the mould, perhaps we'll see Round 2 produce other special editions by simply replacing the pod to produce other variants.

Edited to add: Small Art works have produced a resin glider to go with the Eagle in the past, so we may see this appearing in the future.

Last edited:
I had just seen the pic of the new deluxe Eagle Transporter at Round 2 is going to be coming with recently at this year's Wonderfest,
I doubt that there is going to be any vast improvements for it except for the Lab Pod and the Spine Boosters parts that will be added to it.

It's just the reissue of the Airfix MPC,AMT kit with extra-ons just to give it
more weight to it.If I am incorrect about my predictions about it then go
prove me wrong with pics about it.

Last edited:

TVC21

Alphans
Might be a good idea to check in future to avoid disappointing people [ luckily I knew it wasn't a new kit ]. As Scorpio says it's just the old kit with some resin boosters.

Er hang on....in the pic originally posted it showed a photo of the new kit which was definately not the old MPC one, for instance the cages on the spine were opened out. If round 2 were showing pics of something other than the new kit that`s noone elses fault....

Er hang on....in the pic originally posted it showed a photo of the new kit which was definately not the old MPC one, for instance the cages on the spine were opened out. If round 2 were showing pics of something other than the new kit that`s noone elses fault....

What new kit? There isn't one and companies often use photos of studio models to show new products. I've learned long ago not to jump to conclusions when I see something new advertised by kit companies.

Just got back from Wonderfest and can verify that the picture of the Eagle with the lab pod and booster pack is indeed an image of the studio model. I talked briefly with the representative from Round 2 and he told me that the extra add-on parts will be done in resin to save tooling costs as projected sales do not justify 'hard' tools.
BP

Ham Salad

Alphans
Oh, lovely stuff there. I like the D-series freighter form 'star trek' particularly. Also the plated 'chrome' versions of several famous ships.

I'd love to have that nostromo refinery as well. My wife would, of course, break it, but I'd be happy until she did.

TVC21

Alphans
What new kit? There isn't one and companies often use photos of studio models to show new products. I've learned long ago not to jump to conclusions when I see something new advertised by kit companies.

Mate I commented on the fact that the photo showed something that wasn`t a reworking of the MPC kit, which is correct.

Last edited: