Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

New Improved Shuttle and ISS

saturnapollo

Alphans
The reason I was slow in getting photos of the Arcturus was that I was bringing the space station bang up-to-date and updating my old shuttle model. I'll build a new one once the last shuttle visits the station.

Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks very much guys. As you can tell - I've been busy:)

Love the detail on the underside of the shuttle,how did you do it if i can ask?

I was never happy with the underside just painted black and as it is so prominent whilst docked wih the station it detracted from the model as a whole. I also wasn't convinced by the commercially available tile decals as the tile spacers are replicated with white lines which you just don't see at this scale.

So I took a photo of the underside of a shuttle taken by the station crew during the rotational pitch manoeuvre and mapped it on to a scan of the shuttle model and then printed a series of decals.

It was done only for my satisfacton but I've been inundated with orders from some of the guys on the Space Modellers group to produce some for them. So it's turned into a nice wee business venture.

Keith

JMChladek

Alphans
Outstanding work to be sure. I've only just managed to get around to looking at the photos of this, and they are a feast for the eyes. I also like how you made the shuttle boom sensor system as well. How did you brace that thing so it wouldn't sag?

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks, Jay. Didn't brace the OBSS at all. I wasn't sure it would, but the arm and the OBSS just stay in place and no more. Both are just made from plastic rod.

Keith

HUNCH

Alphans
Thanks very much guys. As you can tell - I've been busy:)

So I took a photo of the underside of a shuttle taken by the station crew during the rotational pitch manoeuvre and mapped it on to a scan of the shuttle model and then printed a series of decals.

Keith

Model making above and beyond the call of duty. Fantastic!:clap:
Jim

You are shitting me! These have just been swiped off the NASA website, surely! That's gotta be real.

Seriously Kieth, those are AMAZINGLY AMAZING!

Think I'll just go back to daubing glue on everything and throwing paint around after seeing that!

saturnapollo

Alphans
Yes it is 1/144, but it is the Intermountain Railway kit. All the triny detail and a few major parts are scratchbult, but the majority is the kit. The shuttle is the Revell one.

Keith

CR

Alphans
Great work as always! And what a brilliant idea for the shuttle bottom! :clap: I suspect you'll have lots of people wanting those decals!

Tim Smith

Alphans
I had recently been thinking how sad it is that there are no shuttle and station shots together, and now I see what those photos might look like. Keith another business venture you might want to get into is charging people to join the fan club. What am I saying??? I'm definitely a big fan already!! Outstanding work, as always, and almost simultaneous with the last mission. My large shuttle, which I need to post, is also a mix of Revell orbiter and Monogram SRBs and ET. I liked the detail on the Revell orbiter better.
Keep the photos coming! We are all addicted to these mouth watering images.